nissan x trail 2.2 diesel

picked up my 06 nissan last week, towed our caravan to stanwix park about 2 hrs drive. when arrived on site noticed the front of the van covered on soot, cleaned all off thinking problem with car, arrived home today no soot on front of van, never had this problem with our old freelander td4, have warrenty with the x trail, even though the x trail is a much better tow car, has any body had this soot problem before.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yes,used to get it all the time with my terrano and there was nothing wrong with it.some diesel cars do tend to throw soot out more than others.never had the bother with my x-trail though.its 2.o adventura 173

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
yes,used to get it all the time with my terrano and there was nothing wrong with it.some diesel cars do tend to throw soot out more than others.never had the bother with my x-trail though.its 2.o adventura 173
Give your X-trail a treat with a tank full of Shell Vpower diesel.

It is typically 6p per litre more than "normal Shell diesel" but it will "clean out the soot"

Repeat every few months - my Xtrail sounds quieter on Vpower - no more mpg but no soot either.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
xtrails up to 2004 model did have issues with soot, sometimes the injectors were the problem.

However with what you have said, all your xtrail required was a good run, otherwise you would have had the same soot on the return journey?

I have never used other than supermarket fuel, apart from a

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Modern diesels with a dpf like on the x-trail 2.o adventura 173, should have no soot as that is what the dpf is for. However, I would rather have a bit of soot on my van than the problems all makes of cars have with dpfs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts