Nissan X Trail Aventura

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would like to fit roof bars to my X trail which is the model with the roof lights.Has anyone got any experience on doing this. I would be grateful for any advice on fitting the bars such as cost and is it a d.i.y. job or dealer only.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards Robin.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robin,

Not sure about the X trail with roof lights, I had a sport without the rooflights and the roofrails are a doddle to fit. If it turns out they are the same ask a moderator to put you in touch with me. I have just sold my X Trail for a Sorento and I have a set of Nissan roof rails for sale.

Bigfoot

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Robin,

A friend has the T spec version which has the rooflights incorporated within the roofrails. He carries 3 bikes on the roof and uses Thule Bars and fitting brackets with Thule bike carriers.

Definitely a DIY job, check with Halford etc.

Best Regards, Martin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the normal XT there are 4 lift out covers that reveal threaded fixings in the roof

I would think that the one with lights would use the same fixings

When I got the first XT (51 reg) I made 4 hardwood blocks to match up with the holes in the roof and drilled a third hole in the centre of each to which I bolted some round tubing(Woolworths cheapo roof rails) and this has been used on 3 original Xts and 1 new shape with slight modification

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts