Nissan X-Trail video review

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Now I'm confused.
When the CC tested this car recently, its weight was declared at something like 1650kg, so i assumed a weight loss over my 2009 xtrail at 1720kg ?
But in the video the weights with driver are declared at something over 1700kg.
So what is the kerb weight?
Also no hill start test?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Variances in kerbweight in the order of 150kg are quite normal and must be expected. The figures quoted above are close enough not to make anything more than an insignificant difference. If there is a reason for needing anything more accurate then the vehicle in question will have to be weighed.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Nissan does not include 75kg for the driver which needs to be added for the European definition of kerbweight. Other than that, individual spec differences mean weights vary enormously. And Nissan does not quote kerbweights for individual models - just a range.

A hill start test is included in the testing but not videoed.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
Nissan does not include 75kg for the driver which needs to be added for the European definition of kerbweight.
How are they allowed to be sold in Europe on that basis - EC Directives on car sales are clear enough for other manufacturers to understand and the others have been complying since the mid-1990s.
Sales brochures and handbooks may simply contain the range of weights but the EC Certificate of Conformity created for each individual vehicle that's Type Approved should show the exact weight as built, including any factory options but excluding any dealer fit options - this individual weight is the weight notified to DVLA during the vehicle registration process and shown on the vehicle's V5C, for all recent registrations anyway.
Dare I suggest that the caravanning press should take Nissan to task over this misleading kerbweight for a vehicle that's often bought for towing duty.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
Nissan does not include 75kg for the driver which needs to be added for the European definition of kerbweight. Other than that, individual spec differences mean weights vary enormously. And Nissan does not quote kerbweights for individual models - just a range.

A hill start test is included in the testing but not videoed.
Thanks for the info
When i bought my 2009 model the Nissan brochure gave weights for each model.
So things must have changed?
The range only has three models now, so i would have thought individual weights should be possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts