NO BALLS NEAR ME!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I notice that the caravan club has issued in the caravan club book site directory that on page 263 section 4 behaviour on site.

no ball games are permitted within the vicinity of outfits- areas of play are indicated on site where available.having expeienced different types of sites where this appears to be policed very well by parents and in other caravan sites where there is a total lack of respect for peoples outfits.would you in the case of having a football,rugby ball,tennis,cricket being played near your outfit and car-regardless of what you paid for your car and outfit say something to the child or parent.clearly the caravan club appear to wishto stamp out this type of behavoiur but would they actually enforce this rule if push came to shove.i have recently retuened from 2 caravan club sites where 1-pembrey country park was overun with children kicking balls against caravans and no respect from the parents-boy did i feel sorry for the wardens and 2-burrs country park in bury where nobody attempted to play football.on both occasions i was on holiday,during half term with my 2 children aged 13 and 15.

any comments please

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I have and would say something. Even to the point of "encouraging" a father who did not care to take notice.

On one site I went and stood outside the kids van staring at their father until he started to feel very uncoftable. When he asked what I was doing, I replied waiting. He asked what for, I replied "to ensure your car or van gets the same amount of damage as mine.

At this point he removed his kids back to the van. It may have been a change of attitude but it probably had more to do with the big mallet in my hand

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I think the CC probably just needs to raise the profile of this particular rule. If they can tell everybody to back the 'van up so the peg is in the centre, I'm sure they can add a reminder about ball games.

On the May Day weekend we were pitched next to a very pleasant family with young children, and we had spoken several times. Only an hour or two before they left, Dad was gently kicking a ball around with the small children. My wife noticed, opened the door and said "I'd rather you didn't play ball games near the caravan, thanks". They did stop, but it did create a bit of an atmosphere. I would guess they were just unaware of the rule. A simple reminder of the rule, and the reason for it - that basically football dents in caravans can't be repaired - would probably prevent most incidents.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Whilst dents to caravans have been mentioned, as is bad ehough, even worse is the unseen damage that these impacts can cause. Vans with glassfibre front/rear panels may have these either cracked, or material splintered off at the rear of the panel. If that seems unlikely, then you should see just how thin some panels are made-from the inside you can see light through in some areas!

So no apparent damage at the time - until you spot the damp later on...

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
essexeddie

can you supply the website or name of book where you find your adults only sites please as peace and quiet and kids dont seem to mix
I have my own quite comprehensive list that I have collected over the years that I can e.mail to you if your interested.

Old foegey's mentioned site is OK for starters.

Edd

Apr 3, 2007
Visit site
essexeddie

can you supply the website or name of book where you find your adults only sites please as peace and quiet and kids dont seem to mix
If you want a great adults only site in Cheshire i can highly recommend Adults only site Lamb Cottage Northwich, 5 Star quality in tranquil surroundings & only 12 milesfrom M6

Julie

May 16, 2007
Visit site
If you think CC Sites have a problem with young football, cricket & tennis players etc, you should definitely avoid the privately owned sites. No one gives a damn about your van, only your money!! (That's been my experience anyway.)

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Sorry Paul, I had to reply to this one, beings I am site warden of a private site, we here Do Not Allow ball games around tourers/motorhomes etc, children/Adults is a no,no, we have a massive playing area for the children/adults to play ball games.

I am sorry if you have had a bad experience elsewhere, but we do care here about guests property, so please do not think all private or cc or ccc sites are all the same. Regards Liz

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

The rule is quite simple, no playing balls around cars and caravans. One of our kids loves nothing better than to play football or cricket. If there is no field or play area to play ball games the football and cricket set stay in our caravan under the seats. Its quite simple. My kids have the same rule on this that I had when I caravanned as a child.

Annette

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
I can understand why there were no balls being kicked about at Burr's Country Park. I have known the wardens for years. they are excellent wardens who carry out the rules to the letter. Over the years we have stayed on their sites due to how they are run, and how friendly the wardens are.

I do not feel sorry for the wardens at Pembrey Country Park. They are not doing the job which they are paid to do. A good warden will patrol the site and stamp out this type of activity immediatly.Ring C.C. head office and state exactly what is happening on site.

I stayed at Grin Low C.C. site and the no ball games rule was enforced.All the people i spoke to were really pleased with the way the warden was enforcing the rule.

Hamer

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
only a couple of weeks ago a guy and his wife had a ball kicked against his front window when they were leaving the site,the parents have agreed to pay for the window BUT,the holiday planned to france has had to be cancelled and the money for the ferry will not be returned due to the short notice and so its lost.the cost of the window is

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately we will always have those who don't think the rules apply to them, they either can't read or stick 2 fingers up.

Lat year we went to Blaidon Chains and a couple were booking in in front of us. In big letters was a notice, staring people in the face as they stood at the counter, ALL DOGS TO BE KEPT ON A LEAD AND PLEASE CLEAR UP AFTER THEM.OFFENDERS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE SITE.

This couple were with friends and by the time they had finished chatting we had found a pitch and was setting up. What I saw then I couldn't believe, they opened the back of their car and out jumped to dogs and went wandering off whilst they set up. Within minutes one of the dogs did a dump but the owners weren't interested, not even watching. By now I was fuming, as the owner of 3 dogs I get pig sick of being collectively blamed because of cretins like them.I deliberated whether to go and tell them or inform the warden, I did the latter, simply because I have a short fuse and that was the wiser option.

The wardens did go and see them and the dogs were still wandering lose then, no eviction though.

I realise this has nothing to do with balls but it shows how some don't give a monkey's about anyone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts