No Vote

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Do you remember a film with Richad Pryor I think.

He went around telling everyone to vote no vote for any politician

May be this country on ballot day should all go to the polling station and put a big x through all the paper and vote for no one.

Could you imagine the faces of mp's with the results all Zero votes.

hee hee. actions always speak louder..

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Politicians are so divorced from reality that if nobody voted they would congratulate themselves because they'd imagine that the public were satisfied that they are doing a great job.

The only way to kick them in the Niagra's and push their noses out of the trough is to use your vote!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In theory if no one voted for them then they could not be returned to Parliament therefore the idea is good. However what would happen to the country without a Government to run the country. Mayhem would erupt.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Come on folks, get real. If you do as has been suggested that ballot paper is treated as a spoiled paper and would not be counted, as would all the others with No Vote on the paper. So our MPs would not know of our protest. The best way is to vote for a minor party and hope the big boys come in second or third. This way your disatisfaction will be registered.

Bill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I for one will definately be voting UKIP. I am a wee bit frightened of the way the BNP are going although they "appear" to have the British interest at heart.

If you look back through recent history Plaid Cymru was initially linked to the Free Wales Army and Sein Fein was linked to the IRA but now both are recognised political parties in the UK government so given time possibly BNP could be an accepted political party - WHO KNOWS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
English Democrats are campaigning in our area - if the BNP are too radical for you - take a look at their manefesto, at least they are pro England and keeping control of our our country! Wonder how many votes we'd get if we had a "Caravan Democratic Party?!!!.....)

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

My mate's b****....sorry...wife stood for her ward. She didn't win.

But lo, the ruling party said an ajoining ward didn't have a candidate at all, so she could represent them instead. Just like that.

OK, this was at Parish Council level, or something like that, so not really important. But at democratic level, it meant that the ruling party got one more voter on the council ...... unelected.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
If anyone can remember the feeling prior to the european elections a few years ago when a third of all voters voted for the green party? The major parties all sat up and listened and all went 'green', at least on the face of it. Still didn't do enough to stop us burning more and more fuel. Thought they could do it by taxing fuel alone. The obvious one is to make public transport free. Seems a no brainer to me. But hang on they need to sell cars, to keep people in jobs and fuel to get taxes in. Hmmmm.

The feeling now seems to me to be the same as it was then. I think the big parties are going to get a bloody nose. It seems to me that so many people are going to protest about things by voting BNP or UKIP. I am. But I couldn't imagine one of these two parties in power though.

I did have a look at the BNP website for some evidence that they are racist and I must admit I didn't quite find it. They did talk about pro-english stuff but is that racist? What and who is 'english'? Simple for me, I'm english through and through. If you have roots in another country you are not allowed to join. I think this point starts to sound racist now. They would apparently offer these people 'voluntary repatriation'. That is offer them money to go back to where their roots are. Sounds good, but only if thats what they want.

What I don't know is if they decide, no, England is home, I'm English and I'm staying here then they should then be given that full status and be allowed to join the BNP as a full english citizen.

Its a bit uncomfortable typing stuff like this and I feel bound to add the clique 'I'm not racist and some of my good friends are from other ethnic origins'.

PS, I didn't see anywhere on their website where it mentions colour. I would assume therefore a West Indian or Indian origin is classed the same as a swede or an Irish person?

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Solution to the whole Credit Crunch problem.

Britain has a population of 64,000,000. A working population of say 28 million. The Government should retire everyone who is over 50 years of age and still working, say 6 million people. Give them a million pounds each on condition that they pay off all their mortgage and loans now, buy a New British Built car immediatley.

Six million new Jobs - Unemployment Solved

Six million mortgages paid off - Banks flush with money and can start lending again - Housing crisis solved

Six million new cars - Car industry and jobs saved

Not my original idea but never mind "VOTE FOR ME"

Bill

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I'm staying out of the politics. On a trivia note the film was "Brewster's Millions"

mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ref ballot papers, I think that in any election, the ballot paper should have a section marked "None of the above". Then your paper is not void, but will still be counted

TRENDING THREADS