Nodes Point (Hoseasons Site) Isle of Wight

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anybody give me some feedback with regard this site. We are seriously looking at booking a fortnight although would welcome some feedback from fellow caravanners first.

Regards

Richard Evans

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, as this site does not take touring vans, I presume you are looking at booking one of their static vans.

The site is a typical "HolidayCamp" with all that goes with that kind of site, Club, bars, entertainment, and noise.

To get about away from site you will definately need a car, as its rather out of the way.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, as this site does not take touring vans, I presume you are looking at booking one of their static vans.

The site is a typical "HolidayCamp" with all that goes with that kind of site, Club, bars, entertainment, and noise.

To get about away from site you will definately need a car, as its rather out of the way.
Richard, just found out, Park Resorts have taken over at Nodes, and do accept tourers, however, the touring site is on a hillside, but they do have a limited number of level sites.

Its a very busy site in season

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Richard, westayed at thorness bay for the past two years which is a sister site to nodes point, park resorts own three sites on the island and we visited all of them to compare. we found nodes point to be very similar to thorness in that everything was avilable on site including the usuall showers toilets swimming pools entertainment venue amusements sports facilitys etc.

when we visited nodes point we where impressed with the club and pool which appeared to be a little more modern than thorness but our impression was changed the minuite we looked at the touring pitches, all are on a steep sloping field and all where in very poor condition and very small. all park resorts sites use large potacabin type buildings to house the loos but whereas the ones at thorness where modern and clean the ones at nodes where discusting and very old. I would not recomend nodes at all but would recomend thorness bay as long as you do not go in high season, ive heard some bad horror stories about the site in the school hols due to the huge amount of campers on site, but go out of season as we do and it cost less than 150 pounds for two weeks including ferry and its very quiet so the facilities stay clean and we have never had any of the "riff raff" problems others have mentioned in the past. I cant remember the name of the third site park reaorts owns but i do remember it being a bit quiet for two teenage kids that come with us. overall a very large commerciall site so you now what to expect but at the price we where very happy and had a great time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, westayed at thorness bay for the past two years which is a sister site to nodes point, park resorts own three sites on the island and we visited all of them to compare. we found nodes point to be very similar to thorness in that everything was avilable on site including the usuall showers toilets swimming pools entertainment venue amusements sports facilitys etc.

when we visited nodes point we where impressed with the club and pool which appeared to be a little more modern than thorness but our impression was changed the minuite we looked at the touring pitches, all are on a steep sloping field and all where in very poor condition and very small. all park resorts sites use large potacabin type buildings to house the loos but whereas the ones at thorness where modern and clean the ones at nodes where discusting and very old. I would not recomend nodes at all but would recomend thorness bay as long as you do not go in high season, ive heard some bad horror stories about the site in the school hols due to the huge amount of campers on site, but go out of season as we do and it cost less than 150 pounds for two weeks including ferry and its very quiet so the facilities stay clean and we have never had any of the "riff raff" problems others have mentioned in the past. I cant remember the name of the third site park reaorts owns but i do remember it being a bit quiet for two teenage kids that come with us. overall a very large commerciall site so you now what to expect but at the price we where very happy and had a great time.
Thank you very much for your information, as a result we may stick to either the Orchards caravan club site or back to Cornwall again. Once again thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts