North Devon C.C Sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Further to my post North Devon Sites.Has anybody any views about

either Damage Barton C.C.site or Willingcott C.C Site near Woolacombe.Basically just looking for a fairly quiet clean Site with reasonable access with a twin axle van.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Have not stayed at Damage Barton but have seen entrance and see no problem with access (I thought it was C&CC).

If you get a chance walk from Mortehoe village up to the lighthouse (at Bull Point?) very quiet and very beautiful, the road is only used by traffic to the lighthouse. Easy 2-3 mile walk (round trip).

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Have been to Damage Barton many times (its both CC and C&CC, but the CC bit is nicer) and its always spacious and spotlessly clean.

Site access is fine, but there are a couple of narrow bits on the lane down to it, but visibility is o.k and has never caused a problem, and there aren`t any bits to cause a twin axle any difficulties.

There are walks direct from the site including direct to Bull Point lighthouse (don`t need to go into Mortehoe or use/cross any roads) and the views are superb.

They also have their own website which is worth a look, the fresh pastries in the shop are a bit naughty though.

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have stayed at Damage Barton a couple of times in recent years and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Fantastic views over the Bristol Channel. Plenty of space, excellent toilet facilities. Only slight drawback is it's usually a bit windy so unless you're lucky with the weather, it tends to be a bit cool sitting outside in the evening.

ps i actually thought the camping and caravanning club area was better. But that's just personal taste. Basically not a lot of difference just one big field with the CC bit at the top and the C*CC bit lower down

Jerry

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi There, Stayed at Willingcott year before last, booked to go back next summer. Its not a quiet site more of a family site, especially if you pitch to the right where the play area is situated.

Like others mentioned its on the top of the hill and can be a little windy. Good facilities etc.

It depends what you want but its handy for a few places, beaches pubs etc.

Come back to me if i can help further.

Chris

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
Roy,

Stayed at Willingcott 2 years ago and complained to CC regional manager- too cramped, too many pitches shoe-horned in, toilets can't cope with full site, scruffy, poor dog walk- needs investment. As mentioned however, excellent position for coasts and visits; good for families.

Damage Barton excellent; suggested to CC that Willingcott learn from Damage Barton!

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

Damage Barton is a superb site. I went about six years ago and I cannot remember any access problems. It does tend to get a little windy-but still a superb site.

All the best

Steve B

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I live in North Devon, I have'nt actually stayed at many places around here, but I can offer you a different site. Its at South Molton 10 miles out of Barnstaple on the A361 I store my caravan there. Its www.exmoorriverside.co.uk/ its very spacious and clean

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts