north wales caravan site

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
my caravan has been on a site in north wales(bailey ranger) been in storage for two years they have lost two sets of keys now because we want to remove it rto a new site they want £250 for removing it off site is this legal

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Tony, You have every right to charge them for the lost keys, if need be Small claim court. Send them notification of intent and register your claim with the clerk for the court.

The are a few firms in Wales that will tow your caravan off site for a fee, come back if you need help.

I payed

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Tony

Your post raises some questions.

Is your caravan on a seasonal pitch or in storage?

If its in storage is there a a previously agreed period of notice that you have to give before moving your caravan?

What's to stop you from just hitching up your caravan and moving it?

I'm a bit unsure about the issue with the lost keys, does the fact that they have lost your keys prevent you from moving your caravan? Surely you retained duplicate keys for your own use?

I'd be careful if your caravan is only moving a short distance away, you will need to keep your eye on it.

A lot depends on the agreement between the company and yourself but if they have suddenly decided to charge you

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
If there are no issues with site fee's ie. winter storage agreements, outatanding payments for last season, or issues with damaging the site grass, then take a drive to your local police station and ask their assistance to allow you to remove your caravan.

If there are no issues of payment the site manager will have to give the police reason why the caravan cannot be removed by yourself. Do that to-day.

Its a shame you cannot mention the site by name.

Tell us what the police say..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts