North wales

Aug 27, 2005
Visit site
As some of you know we only bought our van 3 weeks ago. We have steadily cleaned and filled it and we were thinking of taking one trip before winter.

We quite fancy prestatyn, being from Stoke its a fairly close destination with lots to do for the kids. I looked at the Haven park there but they are booked.

Would go down as far as abergele for a nice site, but ideally Im looking for something with electric hookup that will accomodate 2 dogs. If it was in walking distace of a beach that would be wonderful.

Any suggestions??

Jane

x

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Don't no of a site in the prestayn area but there is a nice site well looks nice and spoke to the owners who were lovely, as we should have gone last weekend but unfortunatly one of the children took ill and we couldnt go. Its around abergele its called hunters hamlet it does have a website and I found it on the uk campsites search but it seems lovely and quite ideal for a quiet weekend away and not too far, we are hoping to try and get there again ourselves before the end of the season.

Hope this helps a little try ukcampsites and and caravansitefinder searches they are quite useful

Tracy~

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi jane,

We've only had our van since late June and once you get the hang of it there will be no holding you back, so don't hesitate to get on the road, even if you only have a couple of nights, ie Fri/Sat.

Do join the Caravan Club, it is the best 30 quid we have spent this year. All the sites are in their handbook. I can't help you with a decent North Wales site, as so far we have mostly confined ourselves to Caravan Club 5 members only sites and which have all been on farms. We just love being in the countryside.

One thing we have discovered is the difference in eating country produce, particularly bacon and eggs in comparison with supermarket rubbish. The first time we bought the food from a country store it reminded me of how bacon and eggs used to taste when I was a kid in the 50s.

For references try www.ukcampsite.co.uk you will probaly find a N> Wales site recommended there.

Good luck and enjoy you van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi my friend stayed at a site named dinarth hall just a mile out side landduano toilet and showers where clean but old good site for dogs and good for ross on sea and landdudano tel 01492548203 we where ther on a rally a few weeks ago it is a good drive from stoke under 2 hours

have you had a look at plassey at wrexham this is a good site for kids www.theplassey.co.uk

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jane,Theres a lovely 5 van site at kinmel Bay it,s five minutes out of Rhyl and about half an hour away from Prestatyn. You must be in the camping and caravan club it,s listed in the big sites book under Rhyl. Its called Urlescroft the owners are very nice people who will help you if you need it but leave you alone if not. Its got a toilet, shower and washing up room as well as a washing machine. You can have electric hook up as well. So good luck Jane and enjoy your camping. erica.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jane,Theres a lovely 5 van site at kinmel Bay it,s five minutes out of Rhyl and about half an hour away from Prestatyn. You must be in the camping and caravan club it,s listed in the big sites book under Rhyl. Its called Urlescroft the owners are very nice people who will help you if you need it but leave you alone if not. Its got a toilet, shower and washing up room as well as a washing machine. You can have electric hook up as well. So good luck Jane and enjoy your camping. erica.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Erica are you on commision? heheheh.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
sorry about that must have clicked on extra hard don,t know my own strengh eh.

Aug 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks all! Some nice suggestions there. As it happens fate wasnt on our side this weekend.....while sorting out a few things on thursday night I found the water heater was leaking. Not a big problem until we discovered we couldnt get the water pump working either.....

Anyway, we have now managed to fix the pump (a fuse had blown) but the heater has gone away with a nice man who is going to fit a new thermostat and seals. This weekend coming is my daughter's birthday so that rules this one out!!! Hopefully the weekend after we shall get away!

Someone doesnt want us to go anywhere I think!!!!

Jane

x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed on a site called "Winkups", it is in Towyn just down from the Haven site and on the beach side of the road (opporsite where the market is held)It is a static site but lets tourers onto vacant concrete areas which is ideal in wet weather which October usually is. They do not take advance bookings but have a web site for more info.

Aug 27, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed on a site called "Winkups", it is in Towyn just down from the Haven site and on the beach side of the road (opporsite where the market is held)It is a static site but lets tourers onto vacant concrete areas which is ideal in wet weather which October usually is. They do not take advance bookings but have a web site for more info.
Ohh I remember winkups!! By the railway line. Fond memories of that stretch of towyn :)

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jane

Take a look at the following web site, it might be helpful.

www.touringandtenting.com

Click on: Campsites (there are several in Wales and some have recommendations!

Unfortunately, I haven't tried any of them yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts