North Yorkshire Coast

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anybody recommend any sites on the North Yorkshire Coast please. In particular Whitby, Scarborough, Robin Hoods Bay area. We would love to take our children where we went as children. Thanks to all

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Ladycross plantation about 4 miles from Whitby on the road from Whitby to Guisborough. This site used to be managed by the CC and its facilities were at the time were up to par!!!

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Try Jacobs Mount Stepney Road Scarborough family run with small bar doing meals reasonable prices very good facilities few minutes drive into town great

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kate

I hope this reply is of not too late.

My wife and I stayed in our caravan at Bay Ness Farm, Robin Hoods Bay for a week beginning Easter Monday(2005). We got this site from WWW.campmsite.co.uk. That site, also, lists a couple of other sites in Robin Hoods Bay. There are reviews written by visitors on that website.

The site is situated above Robin Hoods Bay. When the weather is clear the views of the sea are STUPENDOUS - that is what tempted us on reading the reviews. It was VERY foggy for the first part of our stay and we only realised the see was so close when the weather cleared on day 4.

The farm is approached along a very long lane, partly surfaced. The site is a prettty basic one and consists of several reasonably drained farm fields, some sloping. It was quite an exposed position and could be windy. The toilet and shower block are clean and new and there are some electric hook ups, water points and a waste disposal point. That's about all the facilities and there's no playground or kids facillities, although I'm sure kids could play on the grass! Our kids, now teenagers and above and too old to accompany us, would have probably been happy there but they were quite good at amusing themselves. The TV reception was, excellent, handy given the weather. It cost us

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kate

I hope this reply is of not too late.

My wife and I stayed in our caravan at Bay Ness Farm, Robin Hoods Bay for a week beginning Easter Monday(2005). We got this site from WWW.campmsite.co.uk. That site, also, lists a couple of other sites in Robin Hoods Bay. There are reviews written by visitors on that website.

The site is situated above Robin Hoods Bay. When the weather is clear the views of the sea are STUPENDOUS - that is what tempted us on reading the reviews. It was VERY foggy for the first part of our stay and we only realised the see was so close when the weather cleared on day 4.

The farm is approached along a very long lane, partly surfaced. The site is a prettty basic one and consists of several reasonably drained farm fields, some sloping. It was quite an exposed position and could be windy. The toilet and shower block are clean and new and there are some electric hook ups, water points and a waste disposal point. That's about all the facilities and there's no playground or kids facillities, although I'm sure kids could play on the grass! Our kids, now teenagers and above and too old to accompany us, would have probably been happy there but they were quite good at amusing themselves. The TV reception was, excellent, handy given the weather. It cost us

Lebberston Touring park is great, its near Filey and Scarborough, we went there a few years ago. We arrived late after booking and arriving at another park nearby (won't name it), I was so upset at the state of the park that I got out my guide book and found Lebberston. I rang, apologised that it was late and explained that I needed a pitch. It was dark when we got there and the staff were waiting for us, they helped us pitch the caravan quickly, and asked us if wanted a paper and bread ordered for the morning. The toilet and shower facilities were great, there is even a bath. Its a neat and tidy park with friendly and helpful staff, who have kids themselves so understand the needs of a family!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Further to jon's comments on the lane to Bay Ness site, Robin Hoods Bay. The owner told me that they operate a "one-way" system at busy times, ie, alternately sending "Convoys" of caravans in each direction so that no one has to reverse up narrow lane when meeting someone coming the other way!! It was very quiet,however, when we were there. We manage our outfit Avondale Landranger (twin axle) and Vauxhall Monterey (total length 39 feet/11.9 metres) without problems.

The WWW.campmsite.co.uk. website has a number of other sites listed under town names - Whitby, Filey, etc. It is very good for the whole of the UK particularly cos of the honest reviews by "users".

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
I would heartily reccommend Upper Carr touring site just outside Pickering on the way to Whitby. We stayed there last July and the site was very well kept, spotless toilets and very safe for children. The playground is ideal for 3-10 year olds and was visible from our front window.

Try it.

Jonathan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts