Northern Spain May/June

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Tunnel all booked ( Tesco
smiley-smile.gif
)
Intending to head central/ med rather than Atlantic. Any ideas as to weather conditions and recomendations for sites. We tend to use Acsi whenever available and not looking for all the frills just nice clean sites and facilites.
Never usually spend more than three or four nights on any site and if they are within walking distance of a town or village that's a bonus.
Should mention we're off for a month, waited years and years to be able to say that - feel like typing it again!
Many thanks for any advice or pointers.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Wanderer, We did central Spain a few years ago - mid May - June. We visited San Sabastian, Segovia, Salamanca, Talavera, Toledo. The weather was awful!, drizzle and cold (8-10C). We were assured that this was not normal! Segovia, Salamanca, & Toledo are all worth a visit. We had intended to visit Madrid, but the weather beat us (and we,re from Ireland) and we headed to the Valencia area where the forecast was good, for some sun. Other than an excellent site outside Toledo (good local bus into town) the campsites were nothing special, a wee bit tatty. If you need ant specific advice, just ask!

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
…….well I am down in Spain at the moment with the caravan on a site near Nerja on the Costa del Sol.
We arrived on February 7th and the temperature is 17- 22 C and not a cloud in the Sky.
Nights are a bit chilly at 5C…….wherever you go you always take a chance with the weather to some degree.
We had snow and temperatures of –7C on the way down here!
It is not that difficult to find a campsite almost anywhere in Spain in May/ June.
The one we are on is charging €11/ night for car and caravan for two with 10 amp ehu and free Wifi (low season)

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to JimF and Gafferbill,
Two sides to the coin ? I'll stick with the "glass half full" view
Envy is a terrible thing and i've got loads this morning, enjoy yourself Gafferbill and JimF hope the sun shines on you wherever your travels take you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be interested in the site you are staying on near Nerja Gafferbill. We have visited Nerja previously from sites some distance away from the town and would love to find a recommended near by where we can drive easily onto the town. We think Nerja is a lovely town with plenty going on. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts