nosey storm strap on awnings

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi this may be of help to some of you, my storm strap that covers across all of the awning roof gets a little nosy on windy nights so our lass tells me, mostly every other hour, my solution was to gaffer tape her mou - no it was to fit 4 lengths of foam pipe insulation 15mm copper pipe size on the strap, at 75p a lenght this stoped it flapping and is still was secure. ( the poles are showing there age and this is not helping)

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Never used one so don't know if this does work but some people put a twist or two in the strap between the awning and the ground peg. Thats supposed to stop the noise.
Robert

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
why bother with foam carrying all that extra weight for a storm strap ???
seriously though Rob T is right if you put 1/2 a twist on each side as it goes over the roof and 1/2 a twist the other way from awning roof to ground no flapping garunteed.
it dead easy put strap on flat as you do now then before tightening up fully, flip the strap over each side as it goes over the poles this puts a double twist in the strap either side..... simples!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Why not just use the internal type storm straps.? One in each corner, big peg in the ground, extremely secure and no wind noise or chaffing of the awning material. You can easily make your own .

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Why not just use the internal type storm straps.? One in each corner, big peg in the ground, extremely secure and no wind noise or chaffing of the awning material. You can easily make your own .

We bought one of those universal storm strap kits for £9.99 and then tie downs from Halfords.at £5.99 each and use them on the internal corners of the porch awning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts