Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have just changed my car/van

Hyundia santa fe td 20lt gsi and a Ace jubilie vicroey and when I picked the van up all was leavel,but on our first trip out, I noticed it was now dipping in the middle(nosie).

So i thought I could just put a plate on it to raise it, But they say they are drop plates and only drop the tow ball not raise.What do I do?

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Moth

I know it sounds obvious, but what's the nose weight of the caravan, have you measured it? I imagine it should be around 75kg when weighed on level ground with the hitch at the normal tow ball height.

You will need to check to find the lower of the caravan or car/tow bar nose weight spec.

Try the bathroom scales and a short length of timber if you don't have a nose weight gauge like - http://www.towsure.com/product/406-, make sure you put a pad on the scales to spread the load and put the timber into the socket of the hitch being careful not to damage the stabiliser pads.

Could anything being carried in the caravan have moved forward in transit?

Did you have lots of gear in the car? I carry my awning and poles in the car trying to load the heaviest stuff as far forward in the car as practical.

You shouldn't need a drop plate and I believe a plate to raise the tow ball is definitely a non starter.

Have you searched this and other forums for Santa Fe to see if others have asked similar questions?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts