Not biting the hand that helps feed you.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to you all out there. I received an E'mail earlier this morning from Clarion Events on behalf of Practical Caravan Magazine. It was a promotional notice that was offering a 'Free' copy of Practical Caravan or Practical Motorhome magazine and was presumably going out to everyone that either already subscribes to one or both of the magazines or alternatively and possibly also those that subscribe to this on-line forum.

Where are the 'Thank You' goodies or notices of a DD payback of one month pro-rata to all of the faithful subscribers that have contributed over the years in helping to 'feed' the magazine staff and publishers and all that benefit from advance knowledge of editorial copy?

There are many other magazines that offer 'Gifts' and 'Special Offers' to haul you in but they do very little to retain those that they have got.

Is the magazine business going the same way as the Insurance business has plunged ?
The Car Insurance business has currently go to be the greatest perpetrators of silly quotes to pull business into their portfolio of clients/customers/policy holders and then loose them the following year by jacking up their figures but continuing to offer silly quotes for new business.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I haven't done it myself yet, but a lot of people suggest one renews their subscription each year to get the goodies. :evil:

Similar with car insurance, always tell your insurer each year that you are going to somebody else. They always seem to be able to offer another 10 or 20 percent reduction. ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I fully agree Your Royal Woosieness.
Sky keep asking me to recommend a friend.If friend signs up they get discounts and free Sky + HD Box. I get nothing!

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I fully agree Your Royal Woosieness.
Sky keep asking me to recommend a friend.If friend signs up they get discounts and free Sky + HD Box. I get nothing!
tell them you are leaving when renewal time comes round as the cost is to high, just like one does with insurance bet you get a free sky+ hd box and other freebies done this last two years now have multiroom and free HD channels.
who knows next year may-be sky sports or movie's

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid this problem is everywhere at the moment. You can get reductions on insurance, TV and internet, gas and electricity and many more just by ringing and threatening to leave. You just have to live with it and add up the savings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts