Not good news for newbies!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Just recently purchased a 2019 Swift Challenger 560. Have bought previous vans from the same family run Dealership and the sales chap was telling me everything for sale new and second hand was an extra two grand dearer than pre-covid sales.
Was looking for a fixed bed unit and only had two , one only arriving the day before. For an extra 3 grand but not including a motor mover at the best part of £1300 would not have got a brand new van until the tail end of August .... Thinking of putting my van on a seasonal this year returning my van to my Storage facility at the end of season . Think I have been on and off the same storage facility for nearly 30 years . Unfortunately I still have to pay my annual storage fee or loose my pitch as there is a 15 van waiting list. Pre- covid would have been no problem getting back on. Until the Costa Brigade return to Spain I don't see any change just yet....

GAS ...
Just recently purchased a 2019 Swift Challenger 560. Have bought previous vans from the same family run Dealership and the sales chap was telling me everything for sale new and second hand was an extra two grand dearer than pre-covid sales.
Was looking for a fixed bed unit and only had two , one only arriving the day before. For an extra 3 grand but not including a motor mover at the best part of £1300 would not have got a brand new van until the tail end of August .... Thinking of putting my van on a seasonal this year returning my van to my Storage facility at the end of season . Think I have been on and off the same storage facility for nearly 30 years . Unfortunately I still have to pay my annual storage fee or loose my pitch as there is a 15 van waiting list. Pre- covid would have been no problem getting back on. Until the Costa Brigade return to Spain I don't see any change just yet....

GAS ...

must be regional plenty on offer in Scotland in all aspects - vans - storage -pitches

Reactions: GAS
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Why want a Motor mover if on a seasonal pitch. Save that until later. -
BvG, why The Capital of the World, ( Scotland) where does GAS live.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Dealers in Scotland have very little if any stock. Duncan's have nothing on their website. the others I have looked at have near that.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Why want a Motor mover if on a seasonal pitch. Save that until later. -
BvG, why The Capital of the World, ( Scotland) where does GAS live.
When we brought our twin axle a few years ago the mover was already insitu for going on a seasonal pitch it prove a useful aid when needed

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
must be regional plenty on offer in Scotland in all aspects - vans - storage -pitches

Absolutely not Baron Von Greenback.... A 15 van waiting list for storage ? :oops: Plus as already stated purchased my van from Duncans , ( Lanarkshire) again pre-Covid this dealership would have been over flowing with new and used vans. Only had two fixed beds.
Perthshire Caravans a massive dealership , again very few vans in their yard the last time I drove past. Knowepark Caravans , Kirkcaldy Caravans all much the same.....

GAS.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Absolutely not Baron Von Greenback.... A 15 van waiting list for storage ? :oops: Plus as already stated purchased my van from Duncans , ( Lanarkshire) again pre-Covid this dealership would have been over flowing with new and used vans. Only had two fixed beds.
Perthshire Caravans a massive dealership , again very few vans in their yard the last time I drove past. Knowepark Caravans , Kirkcaldy Caravans all much the same.....

GAS.
Try Murray caravans near Stirling

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Tried a few independent Dealers up and down the country but let down by lack of choice and price ... To be honest consider myself quite lucky getting the Swift . It had only just arrived the day before plus always feel you get a better deal at Duncans. Now looking forward to our first outing to sunny Machrihanish in April ....

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried a few independent Dealers up and down the country but let down by lack of choice and price ... To be honest consider myself quite lucky getting the Swift . It had only just arrived the day before plus always feel you get a better deal at Duncans. Now looking forward to our first outing to sunny Machrihanish in April ....
Good luck on your first outing in April and I hope it matches your expectations

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Try Murray caravans near Stirling
I did not know this firm, but had a quick look at their website and yes they had 14 used models for sale. They look to be mainly Bailey and nothing newer than 2010. I do wonder if they are getting their stock from one or more main dealers and are the trade ins too old for the dealer to sell.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I did not know this firm, but had a quick look at their website and yes they had 14 used models for sale. They look to be mainly Bailey and nothing newer than 2010. I do wonder if they are getting their stock from one or more main dealers and are the trade ins too old for the dealer to sell.

they have space in Cassidy gold storage -I know I store there - this was a question raised also I just today booked scone palace in Perth no probs a super pitch for bank holidays - the picture is not that bad

May 7, 2012
Visit site
they have space in Cassidy gold storage -I know I store there - this was a question raised also I just today booked scone palace in Perth no probs a super pitch for bank holidays - the picture is not that bad
We store in Strathclyde Park as it is just down the road. Expensive but very good. Love Scone Palace though so enjoy the trip.

Reactions: Kevin M

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
We store in Strathclyde Park as it is just down the road. Expensive but very good. Love Scone Palace though so enjoy the trip.

Up in Mutton Hall Rd, Hamilton , Have been for years. Just built a fully drained van wash area. Low pressure hose with hook up and warm water .... Absolutely smashing. Was expecting a rise in the annual fee but nothing so far...

GAS ....

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Up in Mutton Hall Rd, Hamilton , Have been for years. Just built a fully drained van wash area. Low pressure hose with hook up and warm water .... Absolutely smashing. Was expecting a rise in the annual fee but nothing so far...

GAS ....
Wait a few more months and see where we store our caravan it has gone up.and that has wash down facilities

TRENDING THREADS