Not really significant, but noteworthy none the less...

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Two stories have arrived in our office over the last couple of days, indirectly involving TV and caravans.

Firstly, James May has bought a 1978 Sprite caravan and adopted a reasonably conciliatory tone on the Telegraph website. No doubt there will be mentions on forthcoming TG episodes.

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2008/07/26/mrmay126.xml

Also, Sky One's Brainiac series is not being recommissioned.

www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jul/28/bskyb.television

The science program has a reputation for wrecking caravans and was formerly presented by Richard Hammond. A quote from the production company says 'there are only so many times you can blow up a caravan'.With increasing numbers of people after cheap tourers, maybe production costs have got on top of them...

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Typically May has acquired a 30 year old model, so I`m sure the next series of TG will feature Morris Marina or similar as being state of the art and coment as such - purely on the grounds of balanced journalism.

Having read the comments by the majority of the posters accompanying the article, it is to be hoped the pastime never attracts the pseudo-snobs and 11+ plus failing fools who chose to give us the benefit of their thoughts otherwise we seriously are all doomed!

Just a quick word on Brainiac. Anything fronted by the least humerous `comedian` since the invention of the radio does not deserve to be recommissioned.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I can only assume that this is an attempt at humour by James May , if so he should stick to motoring journalism although never ever having read any of his bumf I don't know if he's any good at that either. I'm sorry to those members of this forum who find him hilarious, each to their own, but it's not my kind , I prefer adult rather than the Crackerjack kind :O) James May is to humour what Hitler was to pacifism.

Again I'm sorry for showing my ignorance but I had to Google what Brainiac was :O(

After reading the Sky report I'm beginning to think what gems of programmes I've been missing. Seeing the post from Angus, his comment and the Sky report I can only assume that Vic Reeves is a comedian.

I'm off to Tesco now to get some pop and sweeties for when Brainiac is on. I'm gettin' all 'cited, so much so I'm almost wettin' mesen :O)

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
The only reason you have got wet you old fool is running back from the shop with that tin of juice. Tap it 3 times on the top before you open.

May 7, 2008
Visit site
I can only assume that this is an attempt at humour by James May , if so he should stick to motoring journalism although never ever having read any of his bumf I don't know if he's any good at that either. I'm sorry to those members of this forum who find him hilarious, each to their own, but it's not my kind , I prefer adult rather than the Crackerjack kind :O) James May is to humour what Hitler was to pacifism.

Again I'm sorry for showing my ignorance but I had to Google what Brainiac was :O(

After reading the Sky report I'm beginning to think what gems of programmes I've been missing. Seeing the post from Angus, his comment and the Sky report I can only assume that Vic Reeves is a comedian.

I'm off to Tesco now to get some pop and sweeties for when Brainiac is on. I'm gettin' all 'cited, so much so I'm almost wettin' mesen :O)
you actually enjoy watching those brainless idiots blowing up caravans and constantly giving us a bias account of what caravanning is like?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

Ummmm no george, I was being sarcastic. I don't even find Jeremy Clarkson funny and that has nothing to do with his ridiculing caravanners. I enjoy caravanning so I don't give a toss what those plonkers think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts