Now this is weird!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My 10 year old printer was an Epson PX730 wifi which was top of the range in its day and came highly recommended at the time. I don't use it that often, but on Thursday when I really needed it, it was not recognised on the network.

I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled and no luck. I did all the necessary checks and still no joy. The printer could connect to the network, but the laptop would not recognise it on the network. I suspect that Win 11 did a security update which knocked it off. Unfortunately I could not use a USB cable to connect direct as current Dell laptop does not have that sort of connection for a printer.

Anyway decided to buy a cheap Canon printer for £79. Got it installed and up and running no sweat. The next thing I heard is the Epson printing away merrily all the documents I was trying to print the other day. Did a test on it and it is working okay!!!!

Seems that when the family eventually arrive they will have an Epson printer to add to their collection as they will have access to my old laptop which is running Win10 originally Win 8! LOL! :D

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My answer would be to phone my son in law who understands these things.
I like to think that normally I am fairly reasonable and resolving issues by doing a process of elimination,but this time it did not work.
When I bought the Epson printer it was top of the range and a price to go along with it due to built in scanner etc. The new Canon cost us under £80 with a 2 year warranty and has all the features plus additional.
It prints really super fast and copies are very good. Actually easier to use than Epson. Bonus is that ink cartridges cost a whole lot less than the Epson cartridges.
Going to give Epson printer to grandson when they eventually arrive in the UK.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a six year old Hewlett Packard that cost around £40 and to my amazement it’s still going strong. I use Hewlett Packards Instant Ink service where usage is monitored and replacement ink cartridges are then mailed to me, with a bag to free post the used cartridges for recycling. It works out much cheaper than buying the cartridges even from online sources. The plan allows me to increase or decrease the monthly print quantity as required, and I get notified in advance if approaching the extant plans monthly limit.

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a six year old Hewlett Packard that cost around £40 and to my amazement it’s still going strong. I use Hewlett Packards Instant Ink service where usage is monitored and replacement ink cartridges are then mailed to me, with a bag to free post the used cartridges for recycling. It works out much cheaper than buying the cartridges even from online sources. The plan allows me to increase or decrease the monthly print quantity as required, and I get notified in advance if approaching the extant plans monthly limit.
Just realised that the Canon has the same features regarding a notification on inks so thanks for the heads up. :D

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I also have an Epson PX730 and it worked fine with Windows 11. However, after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 it lasted less than a week on my PC before I rolled back to Windows 10.
I found Windows 11 lacked some of the convenient features of Windows 10 that I often use like being able to right click on the taskbar and get the options to cascade open windows, stack them or show them side to side.
For me Windows 11 was a backward step.

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I also have an Epson PX730 and it worked fine with Windows 11. However, after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 it lasted less than a week on my PC before I rolled back to Windows 10.
I found Windows 11 lacked some of the convenient features of Windows 10 that I often use like being able to right click on the taskbar and get the options to cascade open windows, stack them or show them side to side.
For me Windows 11 was a backward step.
Unfortunately I left it too long and when I wanted to roll back to Win 10 I could not. I also thought that Win 11 was not as user friendly as Win 10.
The big annoyance is that you can no longer set a restore point like with Win 10 which is what would have helped when I wanted to try and resolve the printer issue when the printer stopped functioning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts