NR AWNINGS

Jan 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, has anybody got any experience of this companies awnings? They seem to have some great deals on at the moment ,but i am a bit hesitant about buying one as their not quite as well known as bradcot,dorema etc or are they.Over to you guys

Gary

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Gary

I bought an NR Awning a few weeks ago, BUT I have not used it as yet, but I was extremely pleased with the service and the awning as well.

I have had three awnings in my time, and the NR Awning matches up in everyway. One thing I did notice that the NR curtains were of a better quality than the more well known brands.

Regards

Pat

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
We are on our 3rd NR awning, we have found them excellant value for money. The pullman is a good awning and not expensive.

If you want top of the range you pay alot more but IMO these are very adiquite for the amount of time an awning is used.

This time we have gone for the combi so we can use it a a porch in the winter and still big enough for those longer stays

Hope this helps

Kevin H

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We used an NR pullman on our van for two seasons when we worked for the C&CC and then for two winters in Spain so it stood for about two years in all weathers and winds,we finally got rid of it when it got badly stained by the sand and sun,great value for money.

Jan 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We used an NR pullman on our van for two seasons when we worked for the C&CC and then for two winters in Spain so it stood for about two years in all weathers and winds,we finally got rid of it when it got badly stained by the sand and sun,great value for money.
Thanks for all your positive replies,looks like i am gonna buy a Pullman size 18 for

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

We bought an NR awning for our Bailey three years ago. Excellent value and has given good service so far. The only fault has been that two curtain clips came loose but we stitched them back no problem (it could have been the grandchildren pulling on them that tore the stitches). I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Roll on next spring, I'm getting cabin fever.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You'll certainly have no trouble with an NR Awning.

The firm has been in business for a very long time, and is in fact VERY well known. You'll get a well put together awning with simplr erection instructions.

Top, good value awnings. I too recommend them without any hesitation, and we have had 4 from them in the 22 years we've been caravanning.

You CAN of course pay a lot more for an awning (as you can for just about anything else in life), but for all purpose use, and value for money, these are a very good product, and you'll see loads of them in use on just about every campsite in the UK.

Personally I wouldn't apend out on a very expensive one. I don't think they are worth the extra money.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Top awnings, and you'll have no trouble with an NR. they are in fact EXTREMELY well known and deservedly so.

You can pay a lot more for other brands, but for the use you'll put it too, the NR's are more than adequate. We've had several, over 22 years of caravanning, and have always been delighted with them, and with the first class service from NR.

Unless you're going on an extended stay to an extremely cold climate (in which case I'd recommend the Isabella range), the NR will give you years of excellent service for a reasonable and sensible outlay.

Top awning for me would be the Isabella, but you'll need to dig VERY deep into the wallet, (like WELL over

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
NR Components, Nova Recreation, have been around for many decades making quality awnings and tents. They also used to import and sell very good trailer tents in the 80s. Years ago I had a Pullman which gave great service, was easy to erect , and always felt well made and designed.

Although I now have an Isabella I would have no complaints or hesitation with an NR model.

Cheers

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought an Executive model this year. We collected it from the factory and we are very pleased with it, very good value for money and helpful service. One of the reasons for buying NR was that they are made in this country and it's easy to return it to the factory if there was ever a problem.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the storm straps. The buckles are sewn to the top of the side wall which is good but the straps themselves would not stay tight - even in a gentle breeze. For a couple of pounds I modified them and they now work as they should.

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gary

I have a NR awning I bought it in 1975 for a cheltenham van had it altered to fit a different van in 1979 still used it up to 1996 when we stopped caravaning, now started again but it does not fit our new van, but it is still in good nick so I can recommend NR

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
I own an awning made by NR and have found it to be of good,heavywieght quality as compared to the likes of Pyramid awnings.They come with a 5year guarantee. I accidentally ripped a window seam on erecting the awning, i sent it back to them under guarantee and they repaired it and returned it to me within two weeks without question. I have since purchased a pyramid tuscany awning for a new van and it seems inferior in quality compared to the NR.I have a 16ft Nr awning for sale (bought new in may this year) if it is any good to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts