NSPCC and caravans

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Have any of you seen the NSPCC advert on the television with a child kicking a ball against a caravan and his mother going mad,I fail to understand the significance of using a caravan in the advert,or am I missing the obvious.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I remember doing this when I was a child while on holiday on Exmoor. It was very early in the morning and this woman stuck her head out of the window and gave us a right mouthfull, we laughed so much as she had a night dress on and her hair in curlers.

Not sure we deserved to be shouted at like that as it was 11 in the morning and the ball hadn't touched her van.

Mark

May 21, 2005
Visit site
I have seen it and remember saying to my wife how caravanners will be seen as child beaters now as well as all the other dross aimed at us.
I agree what has this got to do with caravanning. My two kids have a great time in the caravan. This type of advert should be filmed in a troubled housing area and not on a caravan site.

Regards

Terence

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
How many times on this forum have we heard about caravanning being on the up and up especially with young families.

For goodness sake it is not about caravanning it is about child abuse and if you take umbridge about a caravan being on the advert then I find that very disturbing and I feel sorry for you. It is about all of these poor children who are abused not about caravanning.

You could say the same about the other advert where the Dad walks into the bedroom of his daughter - you could say that it portrays that it is only Dads that abuse.

The whole point of the advert is to show that children from all walks of life - whether they go on caravanning holidays or whether they go to top hotels can be abused.

Stop thinking that everyone is out to get the caravanner and think "outside" your little caravan world.

Mrs Monkey

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mrs Monkey, no one is saying that child abuse should be ignored, so please, calm down.

Unfortunately we live in a world where you have to be careful whatever say and where you say it, no matter what the subject. What you have to ask (having not seen the advert) is could the subject matter have been approached without implicating another, quite innocent group?

Like I say, it's the world we live in, good or bad. It could quite easily have been any other section of our society being implicated, would it be fair on them?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
The whole point of the advert is awareness. Not blaming any section of humanity. It happens in every circle including caravanners - I got very angry at the haugtiness of people saying they were being attacked and giving them a bad name - not everything in the world revolves around caravanning and not everyone is out to get people who caravan.

At the end of the day it is about children not about you and your caravans. So no I will not calm down all the while this "victim card" is being played yet again yawn yawn.

Mrs Monkey

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know, I could be wrong, but are you still a little miffed Mrs Monkey? If so, your directing your miffness in the wrong direction. No one is playing a "victim card", but just asking to be treated equally, is that bad?

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Lol I have no idea who this monkey is but sounds like not a very nice person who only is prepared to accept his version of things and then chooses to be offensive,there seems to be a few like this on here lately.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Actually I am a woman - when you see other posts on here signed MH it's from my husband - as for me not being a very nice person - feeling a little ashamed are we?

By the way don't pass judgement on the sort of person I am you know nothing about me - what I am, what I do etc so don't do it it makes you look silly.

All I can say is I am gald that we are thinking of buying a motorhome I think that community is a little less like the caravanning one.

Mrs Monkey

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Well done Ann!!! My first thought when I see these adverts is for these poor children and the life that they lead - not whether or not a caravan is involved!!

Very well said I applaud you Ann!!

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Well to be honest when I first saw the advert I thought .....oh look a bailey ranger, I wonder what site they filmed that at..!

So what does that say about me then ??

Regards John

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Well to be honest when I first saw the advert I thought .....oh look a bailey ranger, I wonder what site they filmed that at..!

So what does that say about me then ??

Regards John
gan on sconny that was funny

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you thinking what I'm thinking??
That depends on what you're thinking, Lisa. If it involves winning the Ryder cup single handed and saying "No" to Tigers wife just because I can, were on the same wavelength!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts