Number plate removal

G

You can with luck just pull them off. I did with mine. However, do check the panel it is attached to is strong enough to take the strain and you don't do major damage. Some people have evidently used cheese wire to lift them off but I would have thought that if you can get one end up then the rest should follow reasonably easily.

By the way do double check it isn't screwed on! It has been known.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I took ours off last week, used a length of dental floss,this was suggeseted by somebody on the forum a while ago. It worked really well, cut through the sticky fixing strips, the easiest way I have found to get the plate off.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thin (cheese ) wire and stout gloves. I found it helped to warm the old plate with a hairdrier first - just ignore the odd looks you get from the neighbours ! Other problem was getting the 'van home from storage with old plate on since there is no mains electric there. Managed to print up a temporary plate on the computer using much enlarged print on yellow paper and lots of Copydex protected from the rain with sticky backed plastic. So watching Blue Peter did have it's uses !

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lolly

On advice from a dealer I borrowed my daughters hair dryer. Put the setting on hot and aimed it at the number plate. After a while it will make the existing sticky pads flexible enough to remove the plate without damaging your van. No Wallace & Gromet

tools needed.

Cheers

Dave

May 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi, To remove your number plate. It's all down to WD40!! Spray plenty down the back of the plate after a couple of minutes start pulling it away while squirting more WD at the back of the plate. It has worked for me every time.

Barry

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi, To remove your number plate. It's all down to WD40!! Spray plenty down the back of the plate after a couple of minutes start pulling it away while squirting more WD at the back of the plate. It has worked for me every time.

Barry
In the last few days I have seen about three number plates with the sticky strips on the back lying on the grass verge. Seems like they are only difficult to remove when that is what you want!

Harry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts