Number Plates

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We are changing our car this week.
My local garage ordered three plates for me. Back and front of my personalised number and a new rear one for the caravan showing the new car number.
I was surprised he didn't want to see my vehicle registration doc or licence.
Ok he knows me but I thought there were strict rules about number plates.
I am told the new plates must be to certain B'S I and must show the garage name and postcode on the bottom edge of the plate.
couldn't have been easier.
Now waiting to see how long the DVLA take to sort out the personal number transfer.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
As of six weeks ago it was taking aproximtley a fortnight for the new number to be assigned, as soon as you receive the documentation change your number plates over... ;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
New tug and new plates, mine fitted from the old one so just used them :kiss:
As Sprocket mine was just under two weeks.

Oh come on then tell what the TUG IS :)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Strict rules?? You can get BS ones off of ebay with just your username as the ref, they are much cheaper too a pair or £9.95 delivered.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
"Gagakev" post=386291]New tug and new plates, mine fitted from the old one so just used them :kiss:
As Sprocket mine was just under two weeks.

Oh come on then tell what the TUG IS :)[/quote]

Kev

It's black.
Auto.
Pacific Rim in origin.

Self Levelling suspension
Rimfires
Leather.
Pacific Rim.
Aka Titan
2500 cos
diesel.
35k miles.
ESP.
Traction control.
Electronic selectable high and low ratios.
Weighs in at just under 2.2 tons

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty

DVLA have an information leaflet re number plates INF04 viewable on line,says the plates need to be BS and name and postcode of supplier,I got mine from Channel Islands via internet and have passed all MOTs,my guess is that new car is another Kia?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodsie.

My local garage got the plates made and delivered In 2 hours. £19.00 for the three.
Very perceptive my boy!
Yes. It's one of the very last real Kia Sorentos made in 2008 on 35 k. Fsh from Kia main dealer.
Better the devil you know!.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Couldn't agree more,hope you enjoy your 'new' car, I always think it's a good idea to buy the last of a good line,most of the wrinkles will be sorted and IMO, the replacement is not always better

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I have found a company called Plate Creator online that will set the plates out to your requirements, no paperwork needed, order delivered in 24 hours at a cost of £9.99 per plate, they can also add lots of logos such as Car manufacturers, Football teams badges etc. look them up I'm glad I did

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Seaman said:
I have found a company called Plate Creator online that will set the plates out to your requirements, no paperwork needed, order delivered in 24 hours at a cost of £9.99 per plate, they can also add lots of logos such as Car manufacturers, Football teams badges etc. look them up I'm glad I did

I believe they are termed as 'Showroom Plates' and are illegal to use on the road.
Check the small print.

Edit - Seaman, I've just noticed you are a new poster. Do you work for this manufacturer by any chance and are therefore breaching forum rules??

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Seaman said:

I believe they are termed as 'Showroom Plates' and are illegal to use on the road.
Check the small print.

Edit - Seaman, I've just noticed you are a new poster. Do you work for this manufacturer by any chance and are therefore breaching forum rules??

I do not and have never have worked for this company, I know they are "showroom plates" and I take exception to your insinuation, thanks for the great welcome to Practical caravan, i think this post will be my last

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
seth1 said:
Dusty, that sounds lovely,nice bit of solid engineering but tell me what happened to the RH400 hybrid idea?

Seth
The Sorento Titan was low mileage 35k. Our old Sorento we'd had from new and she never let us down.
The Lexus still has an attraction but in reality would cost more than double the Sorento.
I'd heard some negative vibes about the hybrid, probably ill founded, but in truth , Lutz excepted you don't see many towing.
Better the devil you know even if boring B)

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Totally agree.Not entirely convinced with this hybrid stuff.I think people can easily forget how useful a high powered diesel can be when used for towing.Glad your happy.Top motor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts