october week

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Just booked a couple of nights in Lomond Woods Holiday Park (Glasgow), and 5 nights in Stanwix Holiday Park, Cumbria.

Has anyone been to either of these sites???,

Gavin.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gavin

Have been to Stanwix(feb just gone) had a good time,pitches are well maintained and all fully serviced ,found it very good value for money, the centre indoors is good as you have bowling alley and soft play for the kids,also some evening rooms with entertainment,swimming pool was ok but could do with more chlorine I think,small gym,and for a ride out there are the scottish borders,and hadrians wall!! you'll have

a good time!!!

Tina xx

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Lomond Woods is one of my favourite sites. We go for an extra long weekend every year. There is so much to do in walking distance.

The site is not on the shore of the loch but a few minutes walk takes you to the Lomond Shores visitor centre, with great shops, picnic areas, a lovely Scottish Restaurant(upstairs above the shops) cafes and fantastic views and Loch Cruises. I think during school holidays they put on extra things for kids and they've just opened a Sea Life centre. The views from the top of the tower are wonderful

A walk further along takes you into town, with a supermarket and usual shops and also the lovely Balloch country park.

Just outside the site is a MacDonalds(if that's what you want) and a chinese restaurant who will prepare takeaways to take back to the site. There's pubs, restaurants etc in the town, a walk along the river and a station where you can catch a train into Glasgow if you wish.

A 20 to 30 minute walk along the old Luss road(very quiet and just outside the site) takes you to Duck Bay with more lovely views picnic areas and restaurants

Can you tell that we just love this place!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gavin,

if you have time,head up the east side of Loch Lomond.Take the Drymen road which will lead to Balmaha and Rowerdenan.The road stops at Rowerdenan.This is the nicest side of the loch with great little pubs and tearooms and scenery out of this world.Loads of great walking long and short,the West Highland Way travels up the full length of the Loch on this side.

Have a great time regards john.b.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts