Ode to filler

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Need to do some significant filling and remedial work on the wall, ceiling and coving where we have had a new consumer unit fitted. The alternative being removal of coving, artex etc and major replastering. So looking at fillers on Screwfix website I came across a brand that I hadn’t used before. The ability to fill deeper areas without sag was attractive. So I read the reviews and this one is a hoot.

" It’s been a tough road these last few months and it seems like the world has turned on its head. Spending all day on Zoom with the dog licking my feet isn’t what I had planned in 2021. It seems like nothing will be the same again.
But this filler has changed everything, hauled from the deep mire of melancholy and into a bright and optimistic future.
My crappy attempt at plastering the bathroom wall, learned from YouTube, was remedied in the 45 minutes it took me to smooth out the troughs and imperfections. In just 3 hours, and another 15 minutes of sanding and the surface was ready to paint. The efficiency of the whole thing has brought a tear to my eye and I am overwhelmed with emotion.
I’m off to buy shares in the company. "

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can see 7 posts with the same header and with same post?
I have notifications for 7 identical posts but I can only see one.
If I try to delete any from the notifications the one that is visible to me would be deleted.
This would mean that the post would disappear.
I not sure what happened or why I only see one post when others are seeing seven.
Unless Clive deletes his post and re-posts it there's nothing I can do.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I can only see my one post. I thought Buckman and BB were saying they had found 7 identical posts out on the web. I will delete my original.

It only has the Report or Edit link at the bottom. No Delete option. Mucho strango. And a second thread identical is now there.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I can see 7 or so posts to. I think it’s showing the capabilities of this quality filler and is ability to fill everyone’s in box.

John

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have notifications for 7 identical posts but I can only see one.
If I try to delete any from the notifications the one that is visible to me would be deleted.
This would mean that the post would disappear.
I not sure what happened or why I only see one post when others are seeing seven.
Unless Clive deletes his post and re-posts it there's nothing I can do.
Parksy
If it causing a problem could you delete the whole thread please I cannot see anything to enable me to delete my post. Even the edit thread link does not give a deletion option; understandable.
Thanks
Clive

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Need to do some significant filling and remedial work on the wall, ceiling and coving where we have had a new consumer unit fitted. The alternative being removal of coving, artex etc and major replastering. So looking at fillers on Screwfix website I came across a brand that I hadn’t used before. The ability to fill deeper areas without sag was attractive. So I read the reviews and this one is a hoot.

" It’s been a tough road these last few months and it seems like the world has turned on its head. Spending all day on Zoom with the dog licking my feet isn’t what I had planned in 2021. It seems like nothing will be the same again.
But this filler has changed everything, hauled from the deep mire of melancholy and into a bright and optimistic future.
My crappy attempt at plastering the bathroom wall, learned from YouTube, was remedied in the 45 minutes it took me to smooth out the troughs and imperfections. In just 3 hours, and another 15 minutes of sanding and the surface was ready to paint. The efficiency of the whole thing has brought a tear to my eye and I am overwhelmed with emotion.
I’m off to buy shares in the company. "
Sounds like a great quality filler

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I can only see my one post. I thought Buckman and BB were saying they had found 7 identical posts out on the web. I will delete my original.

It only has the Report or Edit link at the bottom. No Delete option. Mucho strango. And a second thread identical is now there.
BTW the part you quoted in the post was quite amusing and enjoyed reading it. :D

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not bad post and I can only see one. Just found the other six, they did not show at first but when I went back into Chit chat they were there.

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think that I've found a way to remove 6 of the 7 duplicates.
If they're still visible please let me know

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Parksy
Having had my fill of this thread I’m moving on to cracks in a rear panel.
You're welcome OC.
I've had a busy few minutes smoothing over the duplicate threads about panel cracks on various message boards
Everything has been blended into one thread now 😊

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts