Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
We have just returned from a weekend in beautiful Bakewell, Derbyshire. I managed to get talked into staying with some of our friends in their tent. Yes, I did say tent!!

The campsite (not allowed to name am I)? was so steep that I kept thinking I would slide off my camp bed into the next field.

The caravans were parked so close together I don't think it was a legal distance for fire etc.

The weather was glorious, as were the surroundings, but I want to say it's the first and last time we EVER sleep in a tent. So damned uncomfortable! Give us our van anyday!!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hung on with my tent for far too many years Lolly. I just liked the idea of adventure and simplicity it seemed to have.

But SWMBO was having non-of it.

So a caravan was bought. Never looked back!

What is simply about not having a floor/toilet/shower/cooker/hob/comfy bed/dry clothes/proper seating area?

Not having them is simply a pain in the a*se!

And as for packing! - we leave the caravan ready to go and just grab some clothes and we are off!

Compared to packing the car for camping - NO contest.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Well, at least he has a commet that others may or maynot want to read.

Should you not be back at school now? Or have you been expelled again???

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
No Clive. I am sure it is that they are being left to post to gain the ammo to send to their ISP's to show abuse. Afterall, since the update it is now possible to trace a post back to its original address!

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Arhh! - much simpler than what we had to go thro'.

That's good.

Mind you a bit of verbal abuse for SHMBO is always a bit of a laugh!!!!

Oh boy am I in trouble now!

TRENDING THREADS