Old Brick Kilns near Fakenham, Norfolk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks - considering booking this site for Easter 2007. The CC CL section sounds great. Any comments/information/views gratefully received.

Cheers

John

Jun 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi John

It is a few years since we were at this site. We have never managed to book the cl site as always fully booked, but give it a try you may be lucky. It is a lovely spot

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi, i should have gone earlier in the year but had to cancel. it does look lovely and if you do go please let me know what its like.

the cl pitches are expensive but look nice.

jo-anne

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

We stayed at this site last summer.

We weren't luck enough to get on the CL side, but we did have a pitch overlooking the lake which was great.

The site has a small games room (table tennis and pool table), outdoor chess, and a small shop.

It also has a restaurant, which has great but pricey food. However it is not suitable if you just want a drink without a meal.

The strange thing about this site is the toilet/showers are in the restaurant area, although spotless, not many showers, and we did end up waiting quite a bit.

However all in all a nice site.

Tracy

Sep 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi John

We stayed that at Brick Kilns at Easter this year on the CC/CL site. It was great with serviced pitches. The Shower and Loo was excellent and fully kitted out for the disabled caravanner. It is perfectly positioned for Blakeney and Holt and many other Norfolk attractions. The shop is well stocked and a supermarket is a short distance away.

Unfortunatley, both my wife and I were taken ill when we were there, and had to extend our stay. The owner was great and look after us well.

Get booked you will enjoy.

Mal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks folks - have booked a super CL pitch. Cant wait now! However, can anyone comment with regard to access road. I was told not to arrive before 1pm due to approach road access. Any comments/advice.

Once again thanks in advance

John

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi John

We have visited the site for the past two years one of which was in the CL area.We found both parts excellent. The owners Alison and John could not do enough for us and always had time for a chat. The restaurant was excellent with a varied menu and prices. This year they ran curry/italian,fish and chip nights. You were able to go in for a drink only if you wished with tables also outside. We found the toilets always clean with large showers in the main building. We would have no hesitation to recommend this site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks folks - have booked a super CL pitch. Cant wait now! However, can anyone comment with regard to access road. I was told not to arrive before 1pm due to approach road access. Any comments/advice.

Once again thanks in advance

John
I've never stayed on this site but when in the area a couple of years ago we visited for a look round. From what I remember the access road is single track - wide enough for vans - with a couple of passing places.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

We have visited the site for the past two years one of which was in the CL area.We found both parts excellent. The owners Alison and John could not do enough for us and always had time for a chat. The restaurant was excellent with a varied menu and prices. This year they ran curry/italian,fish and chip nights. You were able to go in for a drink only if you wished with tables also outside. We found the toilets always clean with large showers in the main building. We would have no hesitation to recommend this site.
We went to Brick Kilns earlier this year, the site is well kept and the owners couldnt be more helpful. The access road is only a single track road and about a mile long but the site is worth the work. while you are on the site make the most of their restaurant, please note that you may have to book.

TRENDING THREADS