Old Caravans

Jan 29, 2007
Visit site
Where I store my caravan there are a few old units with flat tyres and green mold all over them.

I am curious as to why people still keep them and pay for them when it is obvious that they are going nowhere and have been nowhere for years?

The storage fees must be worth more than the caravan in some cases.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Could they be abandoned vans, Dennis? We have a few at our site, a shame to see as there's a family out there that could be using them. I think the storage owner is a little worried about his legal responsibilities concerning the vans that are not paid for.

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
Not familiar with the situation on vans, but with boats the normal rule in the conditions is that if you fail to pay your fees, then after due notice the storage owner can sell the boat, recover debts against the value, and forward any balance.

I suspect, as you suggest, that the vans are likely worth less than the debt, though if there is no condition specified, there is also the cost of getting a court order to sell them.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Have you not seen those vans turn up on sites.

We've seen them in Devon and Cornwall and near Poole. Often towed by young surfing types, cracked tyre walls and tell tale signs of where the tyres have been flat and wheeled out green and manky for the summer fun at the coast.

So some may still be in use ;-)

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
there are several old vans where we store ours. during the gale winds at new year two were blown over and the owners could not be traced. Surely the owners of the storage should be able to dispose of them if they has tried every avenue to trace the owners of the vans?

Yvonne

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There's a few where I store mine, the owner of the farm says they still pay storage on them.

When we took our van back on Sunday, there was a tiny really old van parked up. I had a look inside, looks like it's never been used for years and years. I did comment to my daughter that if I owned it, I'm sure I'd have no problems reversing it in.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts