Old style B&B chassied caravan wheel needed!

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
The wife and I have been camping for 6 years up until june this year when she had enough of the 2 hour set up and pack up time of all our gear. We brought a lovley 1978 2 birth stirling caravan with all mod cons except a spare wheel! I brought one of those instant fix foam aerosol tins but would feel more secure with a spare wheel. Just wondering if anyone knew where I could get one from. It is 15" 5 stud.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Royale caravans used the same wheels until 1974,when they replaced them with 14" ones. I'd suggest this a modification, a. because it will make the van slightly more stable and b. make it easier to find tyres when the time comes. 14" 5 stud from a Bedford CF van will fit, otherwise it's breakers. Good luck.

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
Royale caravans used the same wheels until 1974,when they replaced them with 14" ones. I'd suggest this a modification, a. because it will make the van slightly more stable and b. make it easier to find tyres when the time comes. 14" 5 stud from a Bedford CF van will fit, otherwise it's breakers. Good luck.
Thanks for advice. Do I need to change hubs or is it straight swap? I asume the caravan will have less ground clearance when modded.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for advice. Do I need to change hubs or is it straight swap? I asume the caravan will have less ground clearance when modded.
Allan, you don't need any mods at all. The wheels are a straight swap. Yes the van will sit about an inch lower, but will be more stable on the road.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts