Old Swift Carvan in France

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hallo everybody,
Maybe one of you can help us:
We are a German couple and we've bought two years ago in Germany an old swift Caravan, Challenger 450, built in 1992.
Now we are going to settle down in France, and to bring the caravan on the road to france we need an EG- CoC.
Unfourtnally, we don't have one, and the Caravan is very old.
Swift Group told me, there is no European Certificate of conformity available. We should by an homologation pack. But this one they only provide for caravans younger then 10 years (ours is 25 years old) and - they want 500 Pound for it (the Caravan costs under 3000 Euro, so it's a bit crazy :-O ). So we have to find another solution for the caravan. Has anybody an idea?
Thanks!
barbara

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unlike several continental countries, caravans in the UK do not need to registered so a CoC is not required in the UK.

I cannot advise concerning European requirements, but you may find some useful information at this web page address
https://www.angloinfo.com/brittany/discussions/topic/314631

Best of luck

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Idgie, hello and welcome to the forum.
I suggest you google Retro Camping Club de France, speak to Christoph Leroy.The club has a whole heap of information on how to register your old caravan in France.
Colleagues of mine have done it, with a 1970s Royale caravan. It is a very lengthy, complex procedure, but it can be done.

Good luck.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I've registered 3 older caravans in France - 1 for myself and 2 others. It is a long winded process and you'll need lots of information from the manufacturer (although the cost of £500 seems a bit excessive). You'll also need to fill in a long form and go to the DRIRE (testing station). It can be done but not quickly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts