Olive branch

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I take it then KANGA - that once again your having this data proving that the vehicles you have decided should not be on the road is NOT in your possession?

If so - you really are a first class pile of dogs doo doo.

Telling us all that you could prove what terrible people we are for driving 4x4's - how we kill poor little children as an acceptable consequence of our choice of vehicle - how we alone are destroying the planet when I could run my Range Rover for about 15 years on the fuel that a 747 uses to cross the pond to the US just once! - and what's more a plane injects its exhaust into the upper atmosphere. - stating the obvious that a vehicle with a foot of suspension travel is going to handle less well than a vehicle with only 6 inches of suspension travel.

The later does not make the former any more dangerous - its just different.

Equating normal family men and women who dive a vehicle with an extra prop-shaft to terrorist is perhaps the most bizarre and extreme bit of nonsense I have ever seen. And believe me when you deal with the general public you do see some oddities from time to time!

How is this for an analogy - Concorde was excellent at what it did - shame it is not still with us - it handled like a fighter I hear - the pilots loved it. But the 747 is bigger, slower, handles less well - bit like a barge in comparison.

But they both had jobs to do and they do them VERY well.

As does a 5 series BMW and a Range Rover - they both do what they are designed to do very well. Just because you love your car type does not mean that the choice of others is not equally valid. It also means that you cannot expect others to follow your example.

After all this nonsense - can you not see that?

Especially as the truth about safety issues is now spread all over this Forum for those who want to see it via the Ncap website.

I appreciate it must be hard for you to deal with the fact that you have been caught out - the VW 4x4 data on Ncap being the exact OPPOSITE of what you so forcibly said was fact.

So please do not now, again resort to silly snide comments.

This debate surely must becoming to an end or at least a conclusion. I have lost count of the times I have posted a "lets agree to disagree" option which many others have agreed with.

Sadly you have just ignored this in the past then come back with another

The only reason why you could possibly justify continuing this sterile debate now that the facts are "on the table" is if your true aim is nothing more that absolute disruption of this Forum.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just leave it Clive!! haven't you read the Moderators comments about egnoring him! I know he upset you ( now a long time ago!) just forget it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wanted to draw a line under their antics and this has been done. I am happy to ignore them. But you should note that the three of them when I first came onto this Forum were posting outrageous comments and all three were "sparking off" each other. The "Silent Majority's" silence had no effect whatsoever!

As for "letting it go" thanks for YOUR post putting this thread to the top again.

Best Wishes

Clive

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Right thats it! I am now leaving this forum and removing it from my favourites. I have had enough of you Clive, Kanga, Daventura I have tried to be constructive and have enjoyed the more witty threads but I am sick of this holier than thou attitude!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Caroline by you leaving will mean that a couple on here have achieved what they set out to do - be disruptive and piddle people off until they quit. Just don't give in to them please. All of us have proved that as far as brains OR wit is concerned they can't hold a light to us so now just ignore them. If you see the name of one of them on a thread simply don't read it. Stick in there Caroline, rash's clear up eventually.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts