Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I couldnt believe my eyes today whilst out working.

Seen 3 seperate caravans on the M5 around Taunton today. Are these people stupid or just plain aragent thinking it couldnt happen to them.

Its been force 9/10 down here today, and I for 1 think its totally iresponsible to be towing in those winds, these people should be done for endagering life (there own and others)

Glad I got that off my chest

Kevin

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
Saw the same myself last week, Friday 29th, I had the once again unfortunate breakdown for the 10th(in 4 months) time in my 12 month old transit.

I was one mile short of J39 M6 north bound, stood there for an hour and a half in my network rail oranges, very wet, watching my van lean into the inside lane and just every now and again move slightly closer towards it.

I was amazed beyond belief to count 8 vans go past, doesn't seem a lot in that amount of time, but I was hanging onto a fence to stop me from ending up on the motorway and before the van let me down I was only managing 50mph and even contemplated pulling into the services but I was on a call out, wish I had now.

Anyway(waffling), I think it takes a brave person with a hint of stupidity to risk those conditions, think i'd rather stay at home than spend the day cleaning my smalls off the motorway and phoning the insurance company.

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
We went away in the 'van on the 29th Feb for a wedding from Northants to sunny Bognor Regis. The trip down was Ok no major cross-winds on the roads, (even thought they forcast them for down south) the Friday night was just a tad windy though, and at one point we really thought the caravan was going to tip over !! not too windy on Saturday, and then on the drive back on Sunday also not too windy.

I think we were lucky to do most of the driving with not too much wind on the open roads. The Friday night wasn't fun though !!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Crass stupidity! We left my mums near Bideford at 5.00pm sunday because we had heard all the severe weather warnings. The M5 from J29 to Bristol was wild and we saw many an artic swaying around. We saw 4 caravans, of all ages going very slowly I have to say.

Perhaps some people don't get the weather forecasts? We always check before we tow, just in case.

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts