OMNIVENT switch

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi All, I appear to be suffering similar issues with the above extract/inlet OMNIVENT roof fan. When I try to switch it on I get the alternating flashing lights and the fan will not start. After lots of frustrating attempts it occasionally works but after a couple of minutes it appears to occasionally slow down slightly and then after another short while it cuts out.
Many reports suggest that these switched are faulty and suffer from damp, causing the printed circuit board to behave badly.
Replacement switches retail approx £80 but I feel reluctant to purchase another if there is an inherent problem with them???
I ask the community if anyone has a solution and or if a normal switch is available instead of the circuit board type.
Alternatively, come on the makers and provide a cost effective solution, vastly reduced price to compensate for your initial poor quality product.
Any help of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
JHS

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Apparently damp causes the issue of the fairy dance. On a Lunar caravan we had the Omnivent replaced on at least 3 occasions and this is going back to 2011. This is definitely an inherent fault and if the caravan is fairly new and manufactured after 2015 the dealer should be doing the fix.

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Apparently damp causes the issue of the fairy dance. On a Lunar caravan we had the Omnivent replaced on at least 3 occasions and this is going back to 2011. This is definitely an inherent fault and if the caravan is fairly new and manufactured after 2015 the dealer should be doing the fix.
Hi, thank you for your comments. My van is a Stirling moonstone 2015 I believe. I have bought it third hand so probably no joy with the manufacturer ( unless anyone suggests different?)
Surly my thoughts e that a standard rocker type switch should be produced / offered as a compromise.
Many thanks again,
JHS

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thank you for your comments. My van is a Stirling moonstone 2015 I believe. I have bought it third hand so probably no joy with the manufacturer ( unless anyone suggests different?)
Surly my thoughts e that a standard rocker type switch should be produced / offered as a compromise.
Many thanks again,
JHS
Earlier models had the rocker switch and then they switched to the electronics switch. Only a suggestion as you have nothing to lose. Maybe try removing and then drying it. Test it and then coat with vaseline to prevent further water ingress. It may or may not work. Not sure if you can buy the electronic switch only, but caravan breaker yeards should have plenty of spares.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts