on board tank

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
If it's anything like my 1998 Avocet then you still need an external tank, with pump. You fill the external tank (aquaroll) first, then the internal tank (with its own pump) takes water from that until the internal is full. You then refill the external tank. All on-board water is taken from the internal tank, including the electric flush on the toilet (no toilet header tank). The internal tank has 2 level detectors, one to stop over-filling and one to stop the internal pump from burning out at low water level if external tank already empty. If not on hook-up then there is more battery drain because any water used has to be pumped twice. There are 2 switches on the control panel, one for each pump, and you need both on.
Our internal pump died and we were not able to get a replacement with fittings to go deep enough into the tank such that the pump would not burn out if the water level went too low. Also, before towing you had to crawl under the van to get to the drain-off tap to empty the internal tank.
Our solution - bypass the internal tank, both water and electric wise. Saves battery, dirty clothes, and pump noise.
I still have, and like, the Avocet because of the balance with both gas cylinders and spare wheel over the axle. I see Bailey have started putting the gas over the axle also, in the Orion 400-2.

TRENDING THREADS