onboard water tanks

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
chrisbee1 said:
Realistically it means on some sites you have little option but to use the site's facilities which sometimes means paying extra for a shower. :angry:

........this is a British perspective.
It is easy to spot a British caravan abroad as it will have an Aquaroll and a wheel clamp!

Most continentals will only take water in a small container for drinking purposes to their caravan so do not need a water supply or drainage.
Everything else is done at the toilet block and meeting others there is a social occasion with far more importance attached to that aspect than we would.
Motor homes are also more common with their on board tanks.
Facilities for filling and emptying these tanks are to be found in even the smallest village whether or not there is a campsite.

In the UK it is quite common to see caravans with overflowing waste water containers.
I personally see it on most sites I go to......it is simply a lack of attention to detail.
Empty Aquaroll is indicated by no water.
Full waste water is indicated by ?????

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
chrisbee1 said:
Realistically it means on some sites you have little option but to use the site's facilities which sometimes means paying extra for a shower. :angry:

........this is a British perspective.
It is easy to spot a British caravan abroad as it will have an Aquaroll and a wheel clamp!

I quite agree and enjoy practicing my communications skills at the washing up point. However, it does make me a little bit miffed if it's raining and I have to tramp 50 yards with my 50 cent coin having paid for and towed a perfectly serviceable shower 700 miles or so. :angry:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts