One for Parksy.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey Mr Parksy do you speak many languages?
The reason I ask is I purchased some of this Meguiars and all the instructions are in double dutch
smiley-laughing.gif

There is every language you can think of but no English
smiley-frown.gif

After stage 1 and 2 and you put the wax on do I leave it on or buff it off or do I do something else with it?
Sorry if I be Thick but you will only have to tell me once
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kev
I'm no language student but I remember the instructions
smiley-smile.gif

First of all wash the caravan to remove dirt, grit, grease and oily residue etc and dry the surface using a chamois leather and squeegee.
Polish with Stage 2 which is very mildly abrasive to remove stubborn marks, use a slightly dampened lint free cloth to apply the polish and when it dries white, buff it off using a good microfibre dry cloth.
Apply the wax in manageable squares, give the bottle a good shake and use a dry cloth for the wax. On the caravan I use the windows to mark the position and the decal which is half way up the side of the caravan so that I can divide the surface into rectangles because it can be difficult to see where you've got to.
Wax one rectangle at a time, it will dull the paintwork and then buff that rectangle to a good shine with a clean dry microfibre buffing cloth before moving on to the next section then do the front and rear panels.
Try to choose a mild dry day, not too cold so that the wax will buff up better.
The wax shine should last about 3 months, no need to polish next time just wash down and re-wax.
If you are feeling particularly energetic you could apply 2 coats of wax, buff the first coat, re-wax and re-buff and the wax will give a good shine which will protect the polished surface beneath.
The idea is to gradually build up a good coat of wax so the use of polish is not necessary, just wash down regularly and wax every three months or whenever the mood takes you.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Parksy, just want to do the roof as the sides have the Paint Seal product, it was on there when I got the van back in March and I dont have a problem with it, it was on there when I got the van back in March
Thanks Again and hope to do it Sunday, wheather permitting.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have to admit, I've never waxed our caravan roof
smiley-embarassed.gif

I'd imagine that the Step 2 polish will fetch out a lot of hidden grime, the white dry polish residue is very easy to remove and the Step 3 wax buff won't be quite as critical as it would on the ends and sides.
I'll bet it will be hard work unless you've got a platform to work from.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Re Mcguires polish ....... Ill have a word with somebody and ask for the translation into English they are on an industial estate where I live .
Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
I have to admit, I've never waxed our caravan roof
smiley-embarassed.gif

I'd imagine that the Step 2 polish will fetch out a lot of hidden grime, the white dry polish residue is very easy to remove and the Step 3 wax buff won't be quite as critical as it would on the ends and sides.
I'll bet it will be hard work unless you've got a platform to work from.
The problem I have is the van is on the drive and every time I look out the bedroom window I see the roof. I can walk on the roof with no problems, but it is very slippery when wet so I have got myself a scaffold plank, covered it in carpet and it spans the width of the roof. Steps inside van, and out the roof light.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFartingtonFortesqueSmyth said:
Re Mcguires polish ....... Ill have a word with somebody and ask for the translation into English they are on an industial estate where I live .
Sir Roger
Hi Sir Roger, hope you are keeping well, thanks for your offer of the translation much appreciated.
Take care, Kev

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
HI Sprocket yes youve found their website.
I do have friends that work there so I will get the translation but as you have found on their website it does show the steps to take .
I hope this helps all that want to use Mcguiars a good polish .
SirRoger
Forest ...No Buggram Hall is not on an industrial Estate its set in 20 acres of Woodlands has its own fishing lakes and picturesque views and ony open to the public once a year.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
SirRogerFartingtonFortesqueSmyth said:
Buggram Hall is set in 20 acres of Woodlands has its own fishing lakes and picturesque views and ony open to the public once a year.

Is that the place where they ride bike's with out a seat, but all return smiling
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I would really like to give our caravan roof a good polish as with the last caravan we really battle to clean the roof after 3 years of grime. Sides and front were nice and shiny. Very difficult for any one to access the roof area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts