One Shot Axle Nuts

LJS

May 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and would appreciate some advice please.

I have a 2013 Swift Challenger van. I reside in Australia and at times because of the low number of these vans in this country, I struggle for competent advice on issues from time to time.

My question in this instance, can you please inform me of the part number and size of the one-shot nuts to suit my van. Once I obtain this information I can then research availability.

Many thanks in advance.

LJS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and would appreciate some advice please.

I have a 2013 Swift Challenger van. I reside in Australia and at times because of the low number of these vans in this country, I struggle for competent advice on issues from time to time.

My question in this instance, can you please inform me of the part number and size of the one-shot nuts to suit my van. Once I obtain this information I can then research availability.

Many thanks in advance.

LJS
Hello LJS

Welcome to the forum.

Several UK caravan manufacturers do export to Australia, but they do modify the basic UK design to "toughen" it up. I'm not familiar enough with the changes they make, but I believe there are often chassis and axle changes. Consequently the size of parts may be different. You should contact the caravan importer, or the manufacturer who should be able to tell you.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi LJS Welcome to the forum sorry i cannot help but someone will give you the advice you need good luck .

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I suspect that a bit more information is going to be required. You need to look under the caravan and find the chassis make and model number. From what I can glean Swift mostly use Al-ko chassis. If yours is Al-ko it shouldn't be difficult to get the information you need directly from Al-ko as they are an Australian company.

Reactions: DaveA1 and Dustydog

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
These are the ones fitted to our 2018 Challenger 530 (UK spec.)

That link gives the following info.

Our part no. OSNALKO32

Manufacturer’s part no. 581200

The above may (or may not!) help.

Reactions: Hutch

LJS

May 13, 2024
Visit site
Thank you to all that have replied so far, much appreciated.

Since this post I have had some success. I have managed to get a couple of part numbers from Al-Ko International here in Australia. There are two sized nuts, 24mm and 27mm. I just have to determine which size is applicable to my application. There are a couple of ways of doing this, one by measuring the thread on the axle or easier still, taking the part number off a plate that is fixed to the axle from which all associated parts are identifiable.

just as aside, my van is the imported (obviously) English version (for want of a better description), the one that is running around all over the UK and not the specific model built for Australian conditions. As a result there are some differences, for example, drum brakes, shoes, one-shot nuts and many other parts, are imported from England and not readily available here. I was advised when I purchased this van, that I may have difficulty in sourcing parts in Australia. Even the Thetford fridge is the English version and parts unavailable here.

I recently noticed the Panoramic window has developed a crack. Now that's not a cheap fix and obviously a design fault from reading forums with people suffering the same issue.

The distributors of Swift here in Australia are far and few between and carry little stock. Even Swift UK are not very supportive with extremely poor customer service and at times,most unhelpful. Don't get me wrong, I love my van. I have spent a few dollars and hours getting it to where I want. I will however, have to make the decision eventually whether to keep it as if the parts situation continues to be difficult, I may have to let it go.

When Swift vans were first introduced into Australia they at first were very popular. However, over recent years it's popularity has waned basically because they struggle with our harsh environment and build quality. I'm often finding myself reinstalling screws from cupboards that have worked loose and that's keeping to the black top!

Many thanks LJS

LJS

May 13, 2024
Visit site
These are the ones fitted to our 2018 Challenger 530 (UK spec.)

That link gives the following info.

Our part no. OSNALKO32

Manufacturer’s part no. 581200

The above may (or may not!) help.
Thank you JRT, that throws another size into the equation. My van is a 2013 Challenger Sport, you would think that a simple one-shot nut that fits your van would still be applicable to mine.

LJS

May 13, 2024
Visit site
It has been a learning curb for me in the past couple of days resulting in further information that may be of assistance to members trying to ascertain the correct part number for parts relating to brakes etc. Some may already be aware of this hence this information is for those who don't.

This information relates to Alko brakes

On the axle (s) of your van, there is an identification plate with a series of numbers. The important one is the area with the inscription ETI: followed by a number. Enter this number.

In my instance, I googled Al-Ko ETI 811294 Information. I then clicked on Trailer Plus which displayed a schematic blow up of brake parts.

Hope this assists

LJS

Attachments

• Caravan Axle.jpg
    Caravan Axle.jpg
    820.4 KB · Views: 3
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Most of UK and European brand caravans are built on Alko chassis so in lot cases share same parts. Worth trying any supplier of these vans. They also use alot common appliances and components eg fridges, heaters, water pumps etc.
Windows will be model specific but components like hinges, latches and stays are likely to be common.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts