ORD HOUSE COUNTRY PARK ( Berwick upon Tweed )

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Because 8 years ago my wife had a Aunty living in Newcastle and died so this year we have decide to go and visit this park and i rung up and told them i am disabled caravaner could i be near the toilets and they have put me the E section only Adults allowed but this is a family site and it has got very good reviews on ( Uk Campsite) What other information do i need to know has the road (A1 ) change ?...

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Beachball. The road has not changed other than being called the "A167" now. If you have been before then the same directions apply. If you are going there from the south then go up till you see the roundabout and sign post for Berwick, it is the "A698". Take the last turn off down towards Berwick and then to the next rounabout where you will take third turn up the lane to "Cornhill road" and you will see the site just over the wall. Check here,,,http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=2957&map=on#maphere
Hope you have a great time.
Stewart

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Beachball - We've stayed at Ord House several times recently and in the Spring/Summer it's a fantastic site.
We're usually pitched in sections A or J but section E will give you easy access to the reception area and the clubhouse.
The clubhouse does have steep steps up to the entrance but they have installed a lift on the outside which makes it accessable to all - try the food while you're there - I can recommend the giant yorkshire pud with haggis - delicious.
Last season a shop opened next to reception which sells every caravan accessory you could ever need and they've also got a small cafe in there too. For newspapers, milk etc there's a small shop across the road from the entrance and near to where you will be pitched.
Toilets and showers are the best you'll find anywhere having won many awards for their cleanliness.
A new Tesco store has just opened a few minutes from the site on the road into town and in the opposite direction Berwick Garden Centre is worth a visit too.
Please note I don't have any connection to the places I've mentioned above - Just hope you enjoy your stay.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for giving me directions and comments the yorkshire pud with haggis sounds great with me being a ( Chef ) see if ii meets my standards , and Tesco not to far away. How far is Edinburgh from this site just remember i am limited how far i can go .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi All Not long now before we go out on our second trip this year ( So far this year has not been kind to my husband he at hospital every six weeks and now has injections daily he their on thursday this week his memory is still not to good ) Anyway we go out on Thurs 7th July -- 13th July 2011 to Ord House Country Park and for one i cannot wait for my husband to relax on our quite superpitch our first time to this site the reviews gave it a lot of plus points and the replies on here and then on to Blackpool ,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Ord park 4 years ago. An excellent site with the "Best Toilets of the North East " Award. A pleasant bar and hot food available. Spacious pitches. The CC site at Berwick, Seaview , had great views but the pitches were short.I think you have made the right choice.

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Me and my lovely fiance are going to this campsite this weekend just for a night, We cant wait to go, rang them two days ago and they seemed to be really nice. Iv read a few reveiws and the campsite seems to be really good, roll on saturday!!!

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
hi well we have been and i was disapionted as it wasnt as good as i first thought. They had put us right next to the kids play area and it wasnt good (they didnt have any other pitches spare), kids screaming and parents shouting!! nevermind least it was only for one night. The reception was good but the lady who directed us our pitch told us to go the wrong way!!!! anyway wont be going back to their and it was expensive compared to some campsites. The pub which is just down the road from the site was nice and Berwick was really nice.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi All what a nightmare arrived at Ord House park up outside the reception area and had a look at the E section and asked to move after 15mins but was told NO" it was like a car park or late arrivalls we had plumber vans and workmen leaving there vans at the side of us and at the front next door was a motor home he had a lot of visitors and the best thing was you could reach his door from your window we think that must be a ilegal .After three days ask to be moved thought we had a better pitch but over the road was a seasonal touring caravan and there must have been ten people there and drunk and shouting at 12.30 am in the morning and sleeping in the awning on camp beds. we could not wait to move on will not be going back to this site ever,

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i have to admit i was glad to get away too, you seem to have had a bad three days! Did you have loads of kids shouting and adults walking around with alchole cans in thier hands shouting at the kids?? i wouldnt recommend the site, i have been told there is a campsite not far from this one which i may try next time.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had a lot abuse and we are booking another site which is about 3 miles out with the Camping and caravan club and we went to have a look and it was fab . the details are on Uk Campsite.

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i think that is the site we where going to have a look at but didnt get a chance as was only up there for one night, next time we go for a night or two may try that campsite as i like Berwick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts