Outdoor Revolution 420 bent legs

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
4 years old now and still looking quite good-problem being our outer 2 legs-air were severely bent at the bottom making the awing set wrongly-saggy and difficult to open the zip doors. I emailed them a photo-no response and did a lot of googling-found Kampa advice to open the bladder housing and move it back up-they slip down inside their housings; you could see a bit of a gap at the top and the awning dropping up there=so tie wraps cut and opened up the bladder cases-pulled the bladders up as far as they'd go and rezipped. This time I set the awing up-40 mins inc table etc inside-set up it sets perfectly and looks new again-straight, no sags. I was getting fed up with our bendy legs- and now they're cured! I shall be keeping an eye on the inner two tubes but they are so far fine-somehow not so prone.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
4 years old now and still looking quite good-problem being our outer 2 legs-air were severely bent at the bottom making the awing set wrongly-saggy and difficult to open the zip doors. I emailed them a photo-no response and did a lot of googling-found Kampa advice to open the bladder housing and move it back up-they slip down inside their housings; you could see a bit of a gap at the top and the awning dropping up there=so tie wraps cut and opened up the bladder cases-pulled the bladders up as far as they'd go and rezipped. This time I set the awing up-40 mins inc table etc inside-set up it sets perfectly and looks new again-straight, no sags. I was getting fed up with our bendy legs- and now they're cured! I shall be keeping an eye on the inner two tubes but they are so far fine-somehow not so prone.
That’s a well known problem “ bendy leg syndrome” and become more frequent as bladders age. 😷

Glad that you got it resolved in such a neat way.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am pleased you have sorted your awning and no more bent legs sounds like 40 mins to get your awning up that great achievement well done :)

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
This time I set the awing up-40 mins inc table etc inside-set up it sets perfectly and looks new again-straight, no sags. 4⁸⁸
[/QUOTE]
What kept you?? ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Getting back on topic, I've brought our Sunncamp air porch here at St Ives, but with torrential downpours predicted overnight and gale force winds up until Tuesday I won't erect it until Wednesday.
The air porch only has one air beam, and I don't want that to go bendy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Getting back on topic, I've brought our Sunncamp air porch here at St Ives, but with torrential downpours predicted overnight and gale force winds up until Tuesday I won't erect it until Wednesday.
The air porch only has one air beam, and I don't want that to go bendy
I hope the weather improves and you manage to get the porch awning up when you can and have a fantastic time :)

Reactions: Parksy and JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts