Oven temperature

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
Hiya. On a Thetford oven what indication do you get when it has reached your desired temperature please. Has it got a temperature light that goes out when the temperature is reached. Thanks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our only just gets up to temp, just put it on max and hope for the best, Ours would never burn anything , it never gets hot enough, might go up a jet size, and see if that makes any difference.

Reactions: Billy wizz
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ours has to be set to a temperature but it does not say when it is reached. I am afraid you learn over time when it should be there. A freestanding thermometer as suggested by the Prof is the best bet if you are worried.

Reactions: Billy wizz
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Spinflo I have contains a thermostat which does control , crudely the temperature. The flame does decrease but as pointed out there is no real warning . Experience!
Go with the Prof’s suggestion. One minor point. On a windy day , when the flame dies down it can blow out completely.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Spinflo I have contains a thermostat which does control , crudely the temperature. The flame does decrease but as pointed out there is no real warning . Experience!
Go with the Prof’s suggestion. One minor point. On a windy day , when the flame dies down it can blow out completely.

Wind is unlikely to affect an oven in side a caravan becasue teh oven is wholly in side and draws its combustion air from inside not out. But if it did, then obviously care should used to ensure any food is thoroughly cooked before eating, but at least the Flame Failure Device should cut the flow of gas a few seconds after the flame is extinguished.

Reactions: Mel
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our Coachman 545 was the same, open the caravan door and the oven would at times go out, Oven door seals. ? On a new caravan.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I've never cooked anything more adventurous than a Pizza in our oven. It does seem to take longer than a domestic oven though. I would be hesitant to cook anything that needed precision oven temps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts