Over head micro wave.

May 3, 2023
Visit site
My micro wave is going out on overheat. I have removed the grill on the outside of the caravan. And in the orifice it seems there are some plates joined together with tape is this correct. Or could this be causing the overheat ?
Caravan john

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My micro wave is going out on overheat. I have removed the grill on the outside of the caravan. And in the orifice it seems there are some plates joined together with tape is this correct. Or could this be causing the overheat ?
Caravan john
To be able for anyone to offer any advice we need to know the make, model and year of the caravan, and pictures would be a great help.

May 3, 2023
Visit site
Hi Prof John.
Can't see that it matters its a Russell hobbs. Made in China. Any way overheats are caused by poor ventilation around the micro wave. It 3 years old . The point I am.asking is behind the outside grill there looks like a plate and tape have been used to block off ventilation to the outside. Has any body's caravan got the same
Regards john

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
John....

A few weeks ago my Russel Hobbs microwave in our Elddis stopped working. As a fully qualified electrical and electronics engineer I decided to investigate why and it became immediately obvious when I took the microwave out of its housing that its cooling fan at the rear had stopped working. This caused one of the two internal thermal trips to activate and shut down the microwave.

I have detailed what I did in this thread Dead Microwave

It should be easy for you to determine if you have the same problem. If it is the cooling fan then unless you are fully qualified to do so I would advise you not to take apart the microwave. It has some lethal voltages and high energy sources inside.

If you have to pay someone to get it repaired its probably going to cost more than a new one.

May 3, 2023
Visit site
Hi Sam I am chief engineer electrical. You were bang on the cooling fan is kaput. Coil to the motor broken. Taken the fan and coil out.

Attachments

• 20230619_110852.jpg
    20230619_110852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230619_110845.jpg
    20230619_110845.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230619_110838.jpg
    20230619_110838.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Prof John.
Can't see that it matters its a Russell hobbs. Made in China. Any way overheats are caused by poor ventilation around the micro wave. It 3 years old . The point I am.asking is behind the outside grill there looks like a plate and tape have been used to block off ventilation to the outside. Has any body's caravan got the same
Regards john
I didn't know that Russel Hobbs made caravans o_O

Please re read my post. ..

Because you were questioning the installation of the microwave then the model (Make and age) of caravan is highly relevant.

However I am please you have found the problem.(y)

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
While your on Sam any ideas on my new post on the whale water heater.
Not sure about your heater problem as I don't have this type.

From what you describe - hot water at first, then runs cold seems like a normal process since I'm sure its not an instantaneous water heater and needs time to recover.

May 3, 2023
Visit site
Hi Sam when it runs to cold as I agree.it will.not re heat until a reset after 15mins.it seems to be looking out on some safety issue somewhere

Regards john.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts