Over night in St. Malo

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Due to us having an early morning crossing we are looking to spend a night in ST. Malo.

Any suggestions welcome, would prefer to book before we travel.

We have not booked through the caravan club so we cannot use them.

Many thanks

Allyson

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
You may well have the Caraval Club travel service in Europe Book and although not booking through the club you can contact the sites direct and I am sure there are a few quite close to the port. There may also bee some sites local to the port in the Camping Cheque book - have a look on their website for details. From which direction will you be travelling to St Malo?

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We have in the past caught the early morning St Malo ferry (without our caravan) and have been amazed by how many caravans have obviously overnighted (step out, shoes out, sleepy people emerging from caravans) at the ferry terminal.

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Allyson,

We haven't used the site yet, but Carefree have booked us on to Le P'tit Bois, St. Jouan des Guerets 35430 in St. Malo for 1 night, on our return from Le Vendee next month.

It is fairly close to the port and looks good on it's website.

You should be able to contact the site direct +33 (0) 299211430 without involving the CC,

Ken.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Allyson

We stayed on a municipal right in the middle of St Malo at the fort. It was a lovely site with clean washrooms etc within walking distance of restaurants etc. A walk around the site took in sea views and some historical info on the castle/town/fort. I think it was 16E for one night in late july. The number was in the club europe book. I did struggle with finding the right time to ring but in the end I think my call was redirected to the Mairie and a lovely gentleman called Christopher who think might have been the Mayor of St Malo. He took my details and then a young lady from the sight who spoke excellent English phoned me back. I would reckom this site without hesitation. It was called something like Camping du Cite or Municipal du Cite or something like that. Its the only one in the middle of St. Malo about 10 mins walk from the port.

Denise

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks for your replies everyone, even though i have booked the site, they did not want payment until i arrive on the site, perhaps i will canceland go for one of your choices, probably a lot cheaper than my option.

Many thnaks

Allyson

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks for your replies everyone, even though i have booked the site, they did not want payment until i arrive on the site, perhaps i will canceland go for one of your choices, probably a lot cheaper than my option.

Many thnaks

Allyson
Allyson

We stayed at Domaine de Laville Huchet last year and it was fine. The four pitches that they reserve for overnight stays are convenient for easy arrival and departure. We will be staying there again in a couple of weeks as it is very handy for the ferry.

Glad to hear that the weather is warm at last. We leave for France on Tuesday and could do with some decent weather for a change.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts