over night stops france/spain

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
Hello peoples, I am traveling through France and Spain in July, I need 1 overnight stop about Clermont Ferrand and 1 o/n stop just north of Barcalona, I will have 2 teenage girls! Is it safe to park overnight at motorway services there? Many thanks for looking Mike W.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Definitely not in Spain, particularly around Barcelona. We've not actually stayed on any of the Aires near Clermont Ferrand - though we have done many times further north around Calais and the Baie de la Somme areas.

There's a good municipal site in Issoire just south of Clermont Ferrand, which is fine for an overnight stop. Can't help with Barcelona though.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Mike, also worth checking out is Camping Le Clos Auroy just south of Clermont Ferrand at Orcet, junction 5 off A75.Sorry can't help you with Barca either!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a good site near Clermont Ferrand: Camping Le Chanset - Ceyrat.

Info here: http://www.touringandtenting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20457&mode=threaded

G

it may be better if you can get about an hour or so south of Barcelona we have stayed in sites at Tarragona and a bit further at Ebro There are warnings in multiple languages at all rest areas on that motorway not to stop for the night

Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
There is a good site at Santa Susanna which is north of Barcelona,

We have stayed here a few times it is off the n340 and is well signposted. You can pitch right on the beach, but would suspect in July that, that may not be possible. We have stayed there mainly out of season and have always found it ok.

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
There is a good site at Santa Susanna which is north of Barcelona,

We have stayed here a few times it is off the n340 and is well signposted. You can pitch right on the beach, but would suspect in July that, that may not be possible. We have stayed there mainly out of season and have always found it ok.
thanks I tried to book that site but it is full when we want it that is why I posted this I will keep looking thanks.Mike

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
it may be better if you can get about an hour or so south of Barcelona we have stayed in sites at Tarragona and a bit further at Ebro There are warnings in multiple languages at all rest areas on that motorway not to stop for the night
Thanks I will be traveling from calais to clearmont then down to spain I need a pitch north of barca as I thing that is where we will be that night ,Thanks Mike

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
Definitely not in Spain, particularly around Barcelona. We've not actually stayed on any of the Aires near Clermont Ferrand - though we have done many times further north around Calais and the Baie de la Somme areas.

There's a good municipal site in Issoire just south of Clermont Ferrand, which is fine for an overnight stop. Can't help with Barcelona though.
Thanks I wil also look at this site Thanks Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts