Overkill

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

Can anyone help !!!. Every time we go away and i start to load the van, i put in the food and some clothes and think thats it. Seems the women of this world have different ideas. Every time i walk back into the house theres another box, i put that in then another bag turns up, and on it goes. I end up with enough stuff to stay in the middle of nowhere for about a month without leaving the van. Thank goodness her indoors is no good with a spanner or the washing machine and dishwasher would be there as well. Does any one else have the same problem ? or is it just me .

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Now I would add that I am a very patient, kind, and tolerant man - I have to be.

I often say to her indoors only take what you intend to wear this time dear.

Like you say out comes the bags the cases, the freezer box , the pillows, the extra blankets. Not forgetting the first aid box.

And would you believe on the way to our pitch more often than not she wants to stop to go shopping to pick up more bags.

I often say to the dog - your on the roof mate.

When asked why all these bags dear, the answer will be - its your stuff pet.

More often than not I wear crocs, shorts, and a tee-shirt.

Why have you brought my suite dear?

Answer:

If you take me out for a meal I can wear my new dress / shoes / bag / not forgetting the jacket you said I would look nice in.

I Give Up a long time ago..

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bob

Strange that its always your stuff thats cluttering the van Ho Ho. When i sorted the van out not long ago i found 13 bath towels in the locker , thats more than in the house , and theres only 2 of us, herself has 20 pairs of shoes under the bed , how many can a woman wear at once. Your like me , travel light ,shorts ,t-shirts , trainers and swimming trunks for the time the sea gets warm enough to go in , or ive had too many sherberts to bother about the cold. Then ide have to use some bath towels, oops. There should be a rule that women are banned from loading caravans.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
There must be something wrong with me!!

It's me telling hubby not to bring stuff, I even count out the sock and undies@-)

Hubby complains not enough DOH, bring the washing powder.....

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Slightly related ...... Have you ever noticed how much paraphalia is required to take a baby to visit Gran for Sunday lunch? I reckon a young mum needs at least a Ford Transit.

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
Whenever our van goes in for a service I take it as an opportunity to 'clear out'. The amount of stuff that gathers every year is unbelievable...

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Whenever our van goes in for a service I take it as an opportunity to 'clear out'. The amount of stuff that gathers every year is unbelievable...
Whoa there , have you ever seen the amount of tools the average man takes with him on trips? Multiply that by 10 and you have my better half, however whenever a job comes up his favourite line is "I haven't got the right tools" Well say I there's nothing left at home so how could that be!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts