Overnight at Folkestone & Poitiers

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we are travelling down near to Bairritz in the summer and wondered if anyone could recommend a stopover just after Poitiers. I have emailed a municipal site at Sanxay but not had a response. Also, last year we sailed from Dover and just parked on Marine Parade for free the night before. We are going by Eurotunnel (curtesy of Tesco vouchers) this time and wondered if anyone knew of anything similar at Folkestone.

Thanks

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that Bill. Can you give me some idea of the nearest village or road to their site? We were planning on heading out of Poitiers in a south westerly direction so I would rather we didn't have to go too far in the opposite direction.

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Shirl,

We have used a site just a few miles North of Poitiers a few times; this is the Parc de Loisir de St Cyr.

I would recommend this for a stopover or for longer stays. It is actually a little North of Poitiers - if you have a suitable map to check with, travelling South on the A10, take J27 just South of Chatellerault, then follow the N10 South; turn East (left) in Beaumont and I think it is signposted from there.

The site is situated beside a large lake and is part of a leisure park, with lake swimming and other water activities permitted, e.g. sailing tuition. There is also a gymnasium, shop and restaurant. The lakeside, which is fenced off from the caravan site (but accessible from it), is popular with the 'locals' for recreational use at weekends.

Prices are reasonable at (2006 prices) 11 or 22 Euros in low and high season respectively for pitch / two adults / electricity etc..

The site is part of the 'Flower' group of sites, and is listed in the Caravan Club Europe Sites Guide under Jaunay Clan.

I hope this may be useful to you.

Enjoy your holidays.

Trevor M

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Trevor, just had a look at that site and the price for us with 2 kids in August comes out at 36 Euros. It looks a nice site but a bit pricey - as we will prob be arriving in the evening and leaving early, we won't really get chance to use the facilities. Ideally we are looking for a municipal site. I think we were spoilt last year when we stayed overnight at the municipal site in Beaumont-sur-Sarthe nr Le Mans for

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The site I use near Poitiers is Camping Le Futuriste. This is on the opposite side the valley to Futuroscope (The theme park).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts