Overnight from portsmouth

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We are going to st malo on the night ferry,we have booked sleeping chairs i know this is not ideal but costs dictate,how does it work are we allocated a seat or is it a first come basis?Do we take a sleeping bag up or not when we park up?

I presume we are not aloud to get anything from the car after sailing begins,sorry if this sounds silly but we have never been before ta andrew.

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
Take some ear plugs as well, first time we used the couchettes we were allocated our seats and had to share the area with a couple of school parties who were far too excited for sleep (amazingly the teachers went straight off!). The next time I end up with the same travel arrangements ear plugs and a blanket top the list.

Stay off the coffee till the morning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

we cross at Portsmouth by LD Lines and lots of people take sleeping bags, blankets & pillows. As John Boy says, take some ear plugs as well.......not just for the noisy kids, but to block out the snoring !!! Take care in the middle of the night if you have to go to the toilet or something, because there are bodies all over the floor fast a-kip.

Mark W

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts