Overnight on Calais docks

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
When using Calais in the past we were directed to an area where we could park up, the layout of the dock roads has been improved now. When arriving late at night in the past 4 or 5 years I've always been offered the next available ferry.

I'm not a fan of docks or dock side camping, on route to Dunkerke I take a road side autoroute option if needed.

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Look out for the Sea France Ticket office entrance.

It is before you reach the roundabout that takes you onto the dual carriagway.

There is ample parking there - it is convenient although it is not the quietist site in France!

There are refreshmts / toilets available from the Terminal Building but it is Calais so you are advised not to leave your unit unattended!

Bon Voyage

Barry

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
We always stay on the dock when arriving late it is patrolled by police and yes it can be a bit noisy. There are toilets and showers in the main terminal building. When you come off the ferry leave road at first roundabout and then go under dual carraigeway returning to the booking in area. There are always lots of caravans and m/homes parked up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chrissylizzie, As A. Barry has said the P&O and sea France compound in Calis is fine to stay until your ferry is due,

good security ,toilets ,food.We have two dogs so we need the

flexibility of the compound,as we cannot move the ferry time,

because of 24/48hr rule for our the pets.We have left our van

in the port and driven to Adinkerke to relieve them of some

beer&wine ect. So no problems.PS its free!!

Rob.Lynne&Woofers

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chrissylizzie, As A. Barry has said the P&O and sea France compound in Calis is fine to stay until your ferry is due,

good security ,toilets ,food.We have two dogs so we need the

flexibility of the compound,as we cannot move the ferry time,

because of 24/48hr rule for our the pets.We have left our van

in the port and driven to Adinkerke to relieve them of some

beer&wine ect. So no problems.PS its free!!

Rob.Lynne&Woofers
Hi Rod

Good to hear and I think we will try it when we go. Thanks.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts