Overnight site near Dunkerque

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi all
I will be travelling back to the UK via Dunkerque in September on a early 8 am boat. Does anyone know of a site for a caravan nearby or do they allow overnight stays at the Ferry port.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can stay at the port, but I always stay at Calais as the facilities are better and there are more people about, so you feel more secure.
Then I just poodle up the motorway to Dunkerque in the morning.

Steve W

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There are lots of campsites just a stone's throw away across the border from Dunkirk on the Belgian side. We stayed in Nieuwpoort before we came over to the UK a couple of weeks ago.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
the ferry port is ok during daylight , it full of potholes and rubbish ,at least it was when i was there last january ,you have to watch where you are driving to avoid the holes

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We use Chateau Gandspette at Eperleques which is about half way between St Omer and Dunkerque, and early departures are no problem. Don't know when they close for end of the season.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We use Chateau Gandspette at Eperleques which is about half way between St Omer and Dunkerque, and early departures are no problem. Don't know when they close for end of the season.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi James
We have stayed overnight in our caravan in the car park adjacent to the Norfolk Line Ferry offices at Dunkerque several times. Most recently we stayed outward bound on the evening of Sunday 25 July having arrived on the 6.00pm boat from Dover. In 2009 we arrived there at midnight the night before we were due to catch the 8.00am boat the next day. We awoke early and queued for and got on the 6.00am boat instead, no extra charge.

There are always plenty of other 'vanners overnighting in the car park. We have never had any problems staying there as the port is well away from the town, etc. There are loos and a snack bar in the adjacent NL offices but certainly the latter is only open during the daytime, no sure about loo access.

Last Tues-Friday on the way home we stayed at Chateau Gandspette for 3 nights as we had to take our dog to the vet for his pet passport to be completed. Chateau G are open to the end of September. At c£28.00 per night I feel Chateau G is very expensive and trading on its convenient position for the ferry ports. We will NOT be staying there again.
In 2008 we stayed at Camping Parroquet on the coast near Dunkerque the night before catching the boat home.. You can read my review here:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=8173
Hope this helps
Tim

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Big Tim said:
At c£28.00 per night I feel Chateau G is very expensive and trading on its convenient position for the ferry ports. We will NOT be staying there again.
It's worth pointing out that Chateau Gandspette is a Camping Cheques site - you don't need to pay the full price out of season. We use it a lot and have always been very happy with it. It's also an easy half hour run to the Norfolkline ferry.

John M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts