Overnight south of Paris

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are travelling to southern France later in the year and plan to stop overnight on the trip down and the trip back. Does anyone know a site near to the A10 that is suitable for a single night stop and takes dogs? Hook ups are not important

given the short length of the stay.

Cheers

Other Clive

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Municipal at Olivet, near Orleans - also recommended by Michelin. Or at Vouvray, Le Bec de Cisse - also a municipal, I think - again in the Michelin green guide (which I always think has sites of a decent standard).

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Presumably you'll leave the A10 at Orleans and take the A71. In which case, I can recommend the municipal sites at Salbris or Bourges. Both are close to the autoroute. If you intend taking the A20, we have stopped in the past at Gracay, where the exit is around 12 miles from the start of the A20.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Salbris is a lovely site - we've stayed there a couple of times. Situated around a lake, with some lakeside pitches - some pitches a very good size, others a bit tight. Gets full so get there early. Sanitary facilities a bit dated, but very clean. Nice friendly guardienne and a little bar/restaurant on site. Walking distance to town, and a cheap supermarket for fuel.

TRENDING THREADS