Overnight Stop near Portsmouth

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a good overnight stop near Portsmouth, as we need to be at the Ferry Port by 7-30am. Main points we are looking for is a flat site with clean basic facilities, and good access road to the ferry terminal.
Any help will be appreciated.
regards,
George

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Rokesbury Park CC site at Wickham is geared up for Portsmouth ferry traffic with special overnight pitches.......if you are a member.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gafferbill,

I had looked under Portsmouth and as I am a member dont know how I missed that one. Thanks I will see if they have a pitch available for our over night stop on way to Bilbao.

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

George

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
All booked up, however the Ferrry Pitches have to be booked direct with the site, but that is closed until 20th March. I therefore telephoned the club booking office, and spoke to Lauren and she has booked me on a standard pitch, but with a note to change this to a ferry Pitch when those bookings open. Lauren was most pleasant and helpful and a credit to the club.
Regards,
George

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
No problem George......glad you are sorted. :)

By the Way ......use A32 M27 and M275 to get to the ferry from Rokesbury Park.
Do not be tempted to use B2177.....it is OK but will take twice as long!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We have sailed many times from Portsmouth catching the 8am ferry ,and what we always do it get there about 11pm when last ferry has left then get in the queue for the next morning put the corners down and go to bed,get up by 7am ready to move towards the ferry, they will knock you up if you oversleep,there is a loo and its flat and no worries about getting there on time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts