Overnight stop on route to spain 09 Macon/Lyon

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Booked our 09 holiday to spain will be traveling overnight and are thinking of stopping around Macon/Lyon area can anyone suggest a site must have swimming pool for kids .

Oct 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nigel

We stayed at LA GRAPPE D'OR in Meursault,on our way back last year. It has a pool, and restaurant that i can recommend. Its a camping cheque site. A lovely area, and if you can spare the time, visit the hospice nearby, an unforgetable place.

regards Pat

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This summer we stayed at the municipal site at Fleurie in the Beaujolais area. It's just a short ride south of Macon. It has really good toilet facilities, small but pleasant pool area, winetasting, no shop or dining facilities on site but it's a 5 minute walk into the small village. The wine's good too!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
A bit to the south of Lyon - so perhaps a bit far for you, but try http://www.camping-lebontemps.com/ - a site managed by the ex-owner of Val de Cantobre (Claire Dupond). Val de Cantobre was an absolutely excellent site, very professionally run, and well-regarded by everyone. If Le Bontemps is run in the same way I'm sure (which I'm sure it will be) you'll find it excellent.

It has a pool, children's pool with fountains, restaurant, bar and take-awy on site, a bread store, and very good sized pitches.

Further north (Dijon area, rather than Macon) try Lac de Panthier http://www.lac-de-panthier.com/ - again restaurant/take-away/bar, lakeside setting, two pools and waterslides, easy access just a couple of miles from the autoroute.

Both these sites are likely to appeal to the children - and will have lots of other children staying.

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
This seems a strange way to go even to eastern Spain.

Why not go West or down the middle?
Evans of Sprot please could u give me your route then we are staying just north of Tossa De Mar i thought going through Dijon Macon Lyon was a good route . Why whould i go Tours, Le Mans, Pottiers or the middle do mean through Parris.Any suggestions on the best route whould be welcome.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Evans of Sprot please could u give me your route then we are staying just north of Tossa De Mar i thought going through Dijon Macon Lyon was a good route . Why whould i go Tours, Le Mans, Pottiers or the middle do mean through Parris.Any suggestions on the best route whould be welcome.
Don't go through Paris!

Returning from Perpignon area some years ago, I came up the free and spectacular autoroute through Millau, Clermont Ferrand, Limoges, Tours and then Le Mans.

A much better route than the easterly one you proposed!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't go through Paris!

Returning from Perpignon area some years ago, I came up the free and spectacular autoroute through Millau, Clermont Ferrand, Limoges, Tours and then Le Mans.

A much better route than the easterly one you proposed!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We use the 'middle' route too - as mentioned by Evans of Sprot -or parts of it. We do Calais, Abbeville, Rouen, Orleans, then across to Cosne-sur-Loire, Nevers, Moulins, then Clermont Ferrand and down to Millau. It's a good route, and a lot of it can be done toll-free so it saves us a fortune. Even on the toll-free sections you can make good time - no stop/starting through lots of towns and villages like on some routes. There are also lots of nice places to stay over - not far from the main routes.

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
We have used Camp Municipal du Pont d'Arciat, in Creches-sur-Saone, 8km south of Macon, just off the N6 on the river bank. large plots - no need to uncouple, small bar/ restaurant on the river bank.

Last year, though we used the 'middle' route that Val mentioned but did not stop at Moulins, after meeting two Dutch outfits who had their tyres slashed on the campsite the night that Holland put France out of Euro 2008.

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
We live about 45 minutes from nevers which is the central route through france, so i guess we know our way around quiet well, we can confirm that you can get from calais to nevers toll free and in about the same time (although we usualy travel at night) hope this helps anyone with the decision on travelling.

Feb 20, 2007
Visit site
If your travelling after easter then there is a great municipal site at Cluny near to Macon,approx 12kms off the m/way.worth more than a 1 nighter,if you have time to spare,as there is loads to see and do around the area,including a 40k cycle way.Municipal pool next to the entrance and a 5 min walk into a delightful town,check it out if you ever get the chance

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
There is actually a fantastic municipal site in Macon - you would need to get there by 4 to ensure that you get a pitch. We go to Spain every year and always stop there. It has a lovely swimming pool and you can often stay hitched up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts