overnight stop

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This may sound a bit rude, but are you sure you want to go through the Mont Blanc or Frejus tunnels? We used this route last year after staying at Coin Tranquil, in France, for a few days and we were very surprised at the cost. It was 38 Euros each way. There were road works on the Italian side all the way to Milan and it seemed a long way round. Perhaps if you are heading for Pisa and the Med coast then OK. Sorry, but just a thought. Happy travels BarryB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This may sound a bit rude, but are you sure you want to go through the Mont Blanc or Frejus tunnels? We used this route last year after staying at Coin Tranquil, in France, for a few days and we were very surprised at the cost. It was 38 Euros each way. There were road works on the Italian side all the way to Milan and it seemed a long way round. Perhaps if you are heading for Pisa and the Med coast then OK. Sorry, but just a thought. Happy travels BarryB
Yes the Frejus tunnel is expensive but so is travelling through either Austria or Switzerland, more so I think.

I have travelled both and I really feel that the Frejus tunnel route is easier

May 4, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Le Bouleaux at Beaune. This site is just off the main autoroute and is listed in the CC site book called Caravan Europe. it is also used by the C&CC and is in their Carefree Brochure. It's bot too expensive and the owners will order bread and croisssants for you. Hope this helps

May 8, 2005
Visit site
Last year returning from Tuscany came through Mont Blanc. We stayed 2 nights in Dole at Camping Le Pasquier, very good site, level and well signed from autoroute. We used Frejus tunnel on way down and confirm roadworks, not a pleasant route or tunnel. Mont Blanc is very good and a lovely journey down Aosta valley, a bit messy on French side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts